gardening

Posted by: Dotsie

gardening - 08/14/06 01:31 PM

I had to put this here because I am working at redecorating one of my gardens. The plants are getting overgrown so I have to split, divide and move to other spots within the garden, and/or move to other gardens. It's fun to look at the colors, textures and sizes and decide how to redecorate.

Anyone else doing this?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: gardening - 08/14/06 01:32 PM

Something that helps the transplants is sprinkling Miracle Grow at the base of the plants before I use the sprinkler, or right before it rains.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: gardening - 08/14/06 03:40 PM

I SHOULD be doing this...our garden is looking very orange-heavy right now. The marigolds have taken over and the tiny pink flowers can barely peek out. I like orange, but have been vaguely aware that the garden is looking a bit wild lately. Life's been so hectic in the past few weeks that we haven't had time to do anything more than quick weeding here and there. But we keep hearing from passerbys and the neighbourhood children how beautiful the garden is looking, so I guess I can just relax and keep letting Mother Nature nurture it for now...She seems to know what She's doing!