PRETTY PET

Posted by: jawjaw

PRETTY PET - 10/01/05 07:09 AM

Well ladies, I caved. I let Trixie pick the contest we'd do this time and if you have a pet, you might want to check it out.

It's called Pretty Pet Contest
Please drop by my homepage and click on the Jaw Jaw's Contest link to read the rules (please read ALL of them!)

You MUST be signed up on the Contacts Page to be eligible...ITS FREE!

JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/02/05 04:29 AM

The question was asked if you HAD to have a caption. Nope, sure don't. You can just have the name of your pet be the caption if that is what you want.

Also, this contest is open to ANYONE. That includes the male population, too. ha!

JJ
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/02/05 04:49 PM

Ah HAAAAAAAAAA! All I have to do is manage to keep my cat Sam still long enough for me to put his Sherlock Holmes outfit on and he's a "shoe-in" (or should I say "meow-in") for the winner!

Cute idea - tell Trixie I think she's a VERY clever girl will ya!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/03/05 08:18 PM

Hey girls, don't you put your pets in costume for Halloween? If not, your poor pets are being deprived. Shame on you.
(Plus, pets trick or treating in costume get you a lot more candy--and Oreos. Right JJ?)

So put your pets in those terrific costumes and take their photos then send them in to Trixie. Even if they don't win, they'll be STARS.

smile
Posted by: Dianne

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/03/05 08:40 PM

Oh sure, Smile. If I tried to dress Sammie in a costume, it would be a picture with a lot of blood in it! Anyway, I asked Sammie if she wanted to enter the contest and she said it wouldn't be fair to the other entrants because 1) She's just too beautiful and it wouldn't be fair to the others and 2) she's a long time poker buddy of Trixie and the others would scream that it wasn't fair judging. Sammie is all about being FAIR!

[ October 03, 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/03/05 10:52 PM

Oh I love this contest!
Can we send in more than one entry?
I have quite a few pets!

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/03/05 11:52 PM

Oh I wish you could hon... but I've had to limit it to one entry per email address! I can't wait to see what you send.

Hugs, JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 12:04 AM

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! This just in from the Queendom...

WE CAN accept multiple entries. Since they are posted with nothing but a pic and a caption/name, there is no reason why we cannot accept multiple ones!

So send in as many as you want.

JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 02:00 AM

I'm still struggling with my Sam and his Sherlock outfit but I'm NOT giving up (she said as she stuck yet another bandaid on her arm to staunch the bloodflow......)! It's just more of a challenge than I thought it would be....silly me!

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 02:01 AM

Thanks JJ!

I can't wait to see everyone's pretty pets!
That Trixie is a smart one to come up with such a great contest!

So do we still bribe you with oreo's or would milkbone's be more in order? [Wink]

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 06:22 AM

No, do the Oreo's...I quit eating milkbones last year. What?

JJ
Posted by: chickadee

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 06:49 AM

Me too...too much calcium [Big Grin]

chick
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 07:05 AM

But they made your smile so bright, Chickadee.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/04/05 08:46 PM

Yeah, all 3 teeth look pretty good, WB, especially the one in front. [Cool]

chick

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/05/05 01:23 AM

Wasn't there a creepy actor or character years ago, in a movie that used the term: My pretty little pet? I keep thinking about that when I see this thread.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/06/05 05:33 AM

Super contest JJ but can we send pictures snail mail? Don't know how else to get them to you.

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/10/05 02:46 PM

Well, I truly AM going to send in a photo of my Sam for the contest - I just am having trouble catching him in a "weak moment" - long enough to put one of his "accessories" on. He's got a Halloween scarf, a Sherlock Holmes cape/hat, and this weekend I was in the craft store and happened to wander down the "dress up your teddy bear" aisle and there was a cute bright red visor with sunglasses attached.....Am I a wacko when it comes to my cat? Probably! Do I care? Probably not! LOL

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/10/05 03:21 PM

Ms C...you certainly can! I wish we lived closer where I could scan them in for you. You might want to check with the local library first before you mail those pic's. Could be they might could do it for you??? But, if not, by all means, yes!

Pam, I totally understand. Trixie has antler ears for when Santa-Dog comes...

JJ
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/10/05 06:13 PM

I entered the information but haven't sent the picture yet. It will be coming this week. We have to have our photo session.
Posted by: Danita

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/11/05 07:15 AM

I know my animals would be winners! (LOL) but every time I go to take a picture all I get is a blurr...they are sooooo fast! darn!

ADD animals!

danita

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/17/05 12:25 AM

We tried taking pictures of our dog yeaterday to enter the contest. She couldn't stand the crown we kept placing on her head. What's up with that? DOesn't she know it's good to be queen?

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/29/05 08:04 PM

Beats me... everytime I start to put Trixie's holiday hats on, she points to her head and says, "See these? See the ears? I'm going to say BIG EARS reallll slow for you Queenie... so even YOU can understand."

I don't get it?

ANYWAYYYYYY....The contest is over on Monday evening. If you haven't entered, make sure you get that entry in by COB (close of biz) on Monday!

JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/29/05 10:27 PM

Can I send a picture of my five year old? He's an animal...
He is very cute, too.

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/29/05 10:28 PM

And most of the time, I'd like to CROWN him.

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/29/05 10:37 PM

no can do Ms Bird... has to have four legs, no wait... that is not entirely true. It can be anything from a snake (ewww) to a bird, cat, dog, donkey, etc..etc..

Sons though....ahhhhhh...nope. If that were the case, you can bet THE SON would be in there. hahahahahahah! Oh yeah baby....you can bet on it!

JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/29/05 10:52 PM

Oh well, too bad.
Guess I'll put the camera away and put the boy back in his cage, uh, ummm...I mean, his room, of course...

Re: PRETTY PET - 10/31/05 07:21 PM

Yuhoooo... what it is they say at the end of a night? Last call? Well, this is the last call today for entries into the Pretty Pet contest.

You have until the end of the day!

Hugs, JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/02/05 09:27 PM

Hey Girls! Make sure and go to JJ's website and register your vote for the cutest/prettiest pet. There are some absolutely ADORABLE choices - in fact it's tough to come up with five since there are 25 photos to choose from!

Check it out.....and of course VOTE for your favorites..... [Razz]
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/03/05 12:07 AM

How could you choose between all those precious faces?

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/03/05 02:15 AM

What a gorgeous bunch!
Great contest Jawjaw!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/03/05 03:54 AM

I was sure that the pet had to be in some costume so since the only one that was was Ebony I would vote for her/him!!! I fell madly in love with Bella Mia....so cute!

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/03/05 05:44 AM

You get 5 votes MS C!

It IS hard to vote, isn't it? They are all so adorable...

Trixie has picked up two new penpals too...

JJ

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/03/05 06:10 PM

I voted and it was difficult! How cute are these critters anyway?

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/05/05 08:52 AM

Voted, but it was tough. I so wish Kelly would have been still for her picture with the crown. We would have had to drug her and I couldn't do that.

Re: PRETTY PET - 11/06/05 07:47 AM

Ladies, I had to bring this post back up because DUMMY HERE (that would be me) accidently left out two contestants. I feel so bad about it, and I have them posted there now.

So if you want to go back and revote, please feel free to do so, you can just put RE-VOTE in the subject line. If you RE-VOTE, I'll discard your old votes.

I might mention that IF you don't put an email address in with your vote, it isn't being counted. That's only fair since people could just sit and vote all day and hide their email addy. Tsk...tsk... some are even trying to do this. Shame! Shame!

For those of you who haven't voted yet, just play like this post never happened, k?

JJ