Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest

Posted by: yonuh

Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest - 07/14/11 01:10 AM

$3,000 First Prize:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/win/fiction-contest
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest - 07/19/11 07:12 PM

Hi Yonuh,

Thanks for posting this contest, I finally made time to go and look into it, as I used to just devour their fiction back when I was younger and had more time to read magazines:

The contest ought to appeal to all of us, since the assignment is to
Quote:
Submit a short story, no longer than 3,500 words, to fictioncontest@goodhousekeeping.com. Your story should reflect an aspect of women's lives today. Please include the title of your story in the subject line. Submissions must be an original work of fiction, not previously published or a finalist for any other prize or award. Please include your full name, address, daytime phone number, and email address.

Read more: Fiction Contest - Short Story Contest - Good Housekeeping

There's still a bit of time to get something written, we have until September 1.

So sharpen those pencils, ladies!

Here's a link to all the rules: Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest - 07/26/11 03:14 AM

Looks like the deadline is September 1, 2011. Elizabeth Berg is the judge, and she's a Baby Boomer. One of her books, THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU, is about people attending a high school reunion and their stories. Really funny. Kind of off the subject but I wrote a review of the book and it's posted here: Sandy's Review in case anybody's interested.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Good Housekeeping Fiction Contest - 08/11/11 07:45 PM

Nice review Sandy one that makes someone want to read the book.