Who knows?

Posted by: jabber

Who knows? - 10/11/06 12:12 PM

The subject is male baldness. Does anyone know if wearing a cap contributes to hair loss? Thanks in advance for your input.
Prayers & blessings,
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Who knows? - 10/11/06 01:11 PM

Well, I know my hubby doesn't have as much hair on his legs where his socks go.... does that help?

Dear R & J... - 10/11/06 02:18 PM

It stands to reason that a garment would rub against the follicles and cause detachment. But at the bottom of the follicle is a projection called the papilla which contains an artery that nourishes the root of the hair. They say hair grows at different rates on different parts of the body. Some say to massage the scalp to improve circulation.
And I know age, diet, general health and skin condition influence papilla activity. My guy's area baldness could be from nutritional deficiencies. I don't think the person in question, takes proper care of himself.
Thanks for the input.
Prayers & blessings,
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Dear R & J... - 10/11/06 08:31 PM

I have heard that wearing a hat can cause hair to fall out but am not sure if that true or an old wives tale.

I was hoping... - 10/12/06 02:04 PM

Thanks Chatty and Anne,
I thank you, both. I was hoping to get a hairdresser or dermatologist to add insight here. I think this young man feels self-conscious over the recent receding. And I know he can't afford replacement.
Prayers & blessings,
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I was hoping... - 10/12/06 02:37 PM

They always say to look at the mother's side of the family for baldness and that's a bunch of hooey. My ex has lost most of his hair (maybe his new wife pulled it out!) and my oldest son is losing his hair too. My side of the family has a ton of hair. I think it's inherited.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I was hoping... - 10/12/06 02:59 PM

I don't have an answer for this, but I prefer bald to any type of replacement because it usually looks fake. I can't stand the fake hair look.
Posted by: Anno

Re: I was hoping... - 10/13/06 10:47 PM

I am rather vain. I would be happy to wear a wig. If I looked great bald, and some people do, then I would go that way. I have a feeling, however, that a bald head would do very little for my self esteem.
Posted by: Anno

Re: I was hoping... - 10/13/06 10:49 PM

Oops. I did not read to the top of the thread. Most men look rather good bald and if I were a guy, I would go for baldness first.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I was hoping... - 10/14/06 12:56 PM

Anno, I would wear a wig too.

It could be.... - 10/14/06 01:22 PM

Perhaps it's inherited, as Diane suggests. But his dad still has a full head of hair and most of his mom's side do too. I think very few men look handsome bald. And this guy I'm talking about, does not. I've advised a holistic treatment; we'll see if it works. I'll let you know if it does.
Prayers and blessings,
Posted by: Dianne

Re: It could be.... - 10/14/06 03:41 PM

Bonnie, my son just shaved all of his hair off and he looks great. It's the style now so maybe your friend would consider it. A lot of male stars have done it...Bruce Willis for one. Also, a ton of male athletes do it. I think they look sexy.

Re: It could be.... - 10/14/06 07:05 PM

Hair does not make the man. I can handle hair or no hair, its the brain inside the head that I am attracted to if there is one, if not I move on.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: It could be.... - 10/14/06 07:24 PM

My brother is preparing for unsolicited (chemo) baldness. He's definitely not looking forward to it. We've bought him ballcaps and toques to keep his head warm (and relatively hidden), but methinks it will be a very difficult transition, despite all my sincere acclamations that "bald is sexy".

Chatty, in my brother's case, it's not only the brain inside the head, but the heart inside the man that makes my balding brother so attractive and precious to me.

Re: It could be.... - 10/14/06 08:23 PM

Go through some magazines and clip pictures of men bald by choice. like Young Joey on Dancing With The Stars...he is a dream and bald as can be. You tell your darling brother that if a woman would judge a man by his hair or lack there of then he has the wrong woman...if he were my man, I'd kiss him all over his bald head and just be grateful I still could....Bless his heart!

Re: It could be.... - 10/15/06 08:26 PM

Sometimes MAW, these new fangled inventions just pi-- me off to no end, don't worry tho' yourns point is well taken..Now fix me sum viddles...PAW
Posted by: Dee

Re: It could be.... - 10/20/06 10:16 PM

Both my sons, for most of their life, had thick, dark gorgeous hair...My older son, 35, is very bald on the top...he says, "thanks mom," because baldness is, I believe, attributed to the mother's side of the dna strand. My grandfather was bald and my boys are balding exactly like their grandfather. My sons have killer blue eyes and the balder they go the more stunning their eyes are...so, being bald has not hampered them in their capturing of hearts. Bald is beautiful...ur...handsome.

Re: It could be.... - 10/23/06 06:52 PM

I hate that look and would prefer completely bald instead of those silly tuffs of what use to be, LOL...go get 'em Anne!

Right...Re: It could be.... - 10/28/06 02:03 PM

That's right...gotta have something to hold onto!!!!
Lol...I love it!!!