A hint for Dotsie

Posted by: chickadee

A hint for Dotsie - 07/29/05 05:00 PM

I've been thinking.... I know Dangerous. But we have all been talking Oprah on here forever. Well, last night in bed, I was thinking about the site and Dotsie, us etc. and I thought "Why can't Dotsie be our Oprah of Boomerwomen?"

Dotsie, why don't you start a talk show? You can do everything that Oprah is doing and you will never run out of topics, we don't here. I don't know if you would have to travel to the Big Apple or Hollywood, just do it in Maryland and let them pick it up by satellite(I don't know techie stuff)
I dusted off the younger brain and got the older (You can do anything) brain in gear yesterday...I think it's gonna get me in more trouble than I'm worth. [Frown]

Oh yeah, and I need a high paying job.
No, it's not my hidden agenda...well not really [Wink]

Well,why not...The guru of Baby Boomers has to be heard, and why not on TV...If it's good enough for O it's good enough for you, Dotsie.
You could always promote your upcoming show on "National TV"...don't forget!!!

chick (with less braindust than yesterday)
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/29/05 06:31 PM

Chick...That was such an awesome BRAINWAVE...DOTSIE, did you read this? What can we do to help???
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/29/05 06:55 PM

chick, what a fun idea. I wouldn't know how to go about that, but it interests me. I'd love nothing more than to have the opportunity to promote all my boomer buds.

I need to stay focused on this antional association for now, but will definitely keep this thought in mind.

FYI- once I get this association launched, I am going to work at the Oprah thing. I'm researching the best way to go about it...and learning too! There is a time for everything...and it's always God's perfect timing.

Chick, thanks for thinking of me. That's sweet. I love how we carry one another with us throughout our days. I do it so often!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/29/05 09:31 PM

Yuhooooo....

Would you believe my calendar shows I'm free to do TV? Well, whatdayaknow...ain't that sompen?

Now, you just let me know Dots when you need da Queen here, k? And da Trixster sends her love too.

Queen of ready...

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/30/05 04:49 AM

Chickadee you are a treasure! [Wink] All it takes if that first idea and who knows what can be acomplished.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/30/05 11:13 AM

chickadee, this is a fantastic idea!

Dotsie, you can always start with a local show on cable which would OF COURSE be picked up nationally in no time flat. [Cool]
Posted by: leigha

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/31/05 12:52 AM

Chicadee

What a wonderful idea! I think Dotsie would be a marvelous producer and host for her own show. The most amazing thing about satellite would be that she could be unique, able to promote unique ideas with her own stamp instead of following strict guidelines that regular television promotes to keep advertisers happy.

Dotsie
Good luck with your Association! What a wonderful idea! You keep blessing all the women with your talent and energy and I am most thankful that there are women like you who keep moving forward to bring about more goodness and light to this world!

With love
Leigha

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/31/05 04:18 AM

Dotsie you could ask Oprah to be your "mentor" while you are getting your hit talk show off the ground...I think Oprah would be honored to help. She did it for Dr. Phil...She is an amazing lady, like you Dotsie.
Ladies and Gent...Ladies...Heeerrree's Dotsie.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Audience
(I'm the second one on the left, next to all the boomer sisters.)Moh(my other half) is on the inside...he believes in us too. Hands off girls-he's mine [Wink] (hence against THE WALL)

chick

[ July 30, 2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/31/05 06:07 AM

Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement. I'm calling Oprah right now to ask her to mentor me. HA!

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 07/31/05 06:07 AM

Oops, anyone have her number?

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/02/05 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement. I'm calling Oprah right now to ask her to mentor me. HA!

Do I note a hint of sarcasm in your post Ms Dotsie, Huh, do I?
If you want me to get the number, I will. If you are not quite prepared right now, we understand, but when you are ready, just give me a sign...I will find a way. [Big Grin] ... [Confused]
Pushy ain't I? [Roll Eyes]
chick

[ August 02, 2005, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/02/05 04:44 PM

Yes, that was sarcasm. I am researching the best way to pitch Oprah. I'm getting there. The wheels are turning.

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/02/05 05:50 PM

I hear you - loud and clear. I really wouldn't interfer in any way, trust me. I know you are looking after things.
Do you forgive me? [Frown] I'll be good...promise. [Smile]
chick
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/03/05 03:53 AM

Hey Chick, not to steal any of Dotsie's thunder, but if you want to find a particular producer for Oprah who is interested in domestic violence, sexual abuse, and or child abuse, I'd make a great guest. I'm photogenic too, tee hee. LLL
Posted by: starting over

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/03/05 08:27 PM

Wow, are you seriously thinking BIG Dotsie?!

This would be awesome. Think of the forum. So much more encouraging than the other talk shows which seem to be more of the 'airing dirty laundry' feel. Between us all, there would be help and support for whatever any woman in America is going through!

This is a hugely awesome idea! I'm available to help in any way!

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/04/05 11:54 PM

I need more energy...and time. Thanks for all the ideas.

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/07/05 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lynn329:
Hey Chick, not to steal any of Dotsie's thunder, but if you want to find a particular producer for Oprah who is interested in domestic violence, sexual abuse, and or child abuse, I'd make a great guest. I'm photogenic too, tee hee. LLL

Wanna get on it? let's research...hmmmm where do we begin...skritch, skritch...
Let's do it, photogenic one!
chick

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/08/05 07:20 AM

go to oprah's site. there is a place for you to recommend a show.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: A hint for Dotsie - 08/09/05 07:03 AM

Dots...didn't Oprah start out in Baltimore? Why not contact her first station and pitch the idea?

Great idea Chick!