Strategic Planning for Christian Writers

Posted by: smilinize

Strategic Planning for Christian Writers - 04/03/06 11:01 PM

The members of my church writing group complain about their lack of focus in getting things written and sent out. Seems like lots of us midlifers and freelancers find that a problem.

When I mentioned to the group how I once taught strategic planning, I was asked to lead the group to develop individual strategic plans for their writing. I am trying to relate it to the Bible as the ultimate strategic plan for our lives.

I wondered if anyone had any comments or ideas that might be helpful or need exploring.

smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Strategic Planning for Christian Writers - 04/05/06 06:32 PM

Smile, how about doing topical searches for words like purpose, encouragement, empower, guidance, etc.

Then you can use those scriptures and go from there...

I think it's a great idea. When we realize God's desires for our heart, it makes all the difference in our motivation to move forward with his purpose for our lives.

Let me know how it's going.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Strategic Planning for Christian Writers - 04/06/06 12:18 AM

Thank you Dotsie.
I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but it's taking a lot of time and I may actually come out with a book. It's consuming my thoughts at this point.

I used written plans in my business and have seen them work. Like I posted somewhere else, I wrote a life plan about ten years ago and I dug it up recently. I was amazed at and how many prayers had been answered, how so many goals had been accomplished, and how many dreams had come true. Maybe some would say those things would have happened anyway, but because I wrote them down and prayed for the desires of my heart years ago, I could go back even now and see proof of God working in my life.

This whole life planning thing started with Psalms 37: 4 Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires. I realized how important it is to allow God to place His desires in our heart and to pursue those desires with all of our being.

I believe it was God who placed a desire in your heart and led you to develop this site. Return to the desire placed in your heart by God and recall the vision of your dream when you are weary. Remember your mission when you lose the way and continue on toward your goal. God and all us boomers believe in you.

smile

[ April 05, 2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]