Adult Ed 2006

Posted by: Dotsie

Adult Ed 2006 - 12/28/05 05:22 PM

Anyone taking any classes or courses in 2006?

I know this sounds silly but I'm sticking with yoga. I've done one session and am signing up for the next.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 12/28/05 06:40 PM

My daughter and I are looking for a place to take "middle eastern" dancing.

It is good for the body and the "sexy woman" within! I've taken it before and enjoyed it. I look forward to doing it with my teenager!

Danita
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 12/29/05 01:55 AM

My sister lives in Loveland and she took classes at the local Y....shake it but don't break it...!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 12/30/05 03:23 AM

Danita, there is a mother and daughter in my yoga class. I think it's neat.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 12/30/05 06:31 AM

Dotsie,
When my husband gets better with his spine we are going to take yoga classes . I heard they are very good for neck and back pain in whick he has .

Good idea !
Posted by: Prill

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 01/03/06 11:55 PM

Dotsie-- Doesn't sound silly at all. I think I'm going to take up yoga again, too. There's a great studio near where I live. In the early 1970's I took a yoga class every morning for a year. I still do some of the postures on my own; but it's been a long time since I've had any instruction. Also on the horizon for 2006: two writers' workshops and maybe even a pottery class.

Learning something new can be a little scary, but it's almost always exhilarating.
Posted by: storylady

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 01/04/06 12:49 AM

I am thinking of starting Yoga. I have always been interested but never did it. I don't think there are any studios in my area so I will have to learn from a tape. Heck I lost weight this year with hypnotisim so why not exersize with yoga? It looks so relaxing and calming.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 01/04/06 06:15 AM

Dotsie, why do you say that sticking with yoga sounds silly? Sting has done yoga all his life and does he look or sound silly? I don't think so! Before he was Sting he was a model. Anyway, yoga is wonderful. You can't go wrong with yoga. I'm starting the balance ball on my own. I am learning Italian with language tapes.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Adult Ed 2006 - 01/04/06 09:33 AM

Dotsie,
If you go we can all go to yoga . Like I said it is good for your back and neck. Lynnie that is what I want to do learn Italian and some more French and sign language .I think I am going to take at CCBC Floral Arrangment Classes in Feb . Of course we are going back to ballroom dancing that is great excercise ..

The world can be your oyster . There are a lot of thing we can do and lot of things I want to learn to do. Couldn't said it better

[ January 04, 2006, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]