Going for it again!

Posted by: robowidowk

Going for it again! - 08/05/05 07:15 AM

Well ladies...I just signed up for my second class in college. I am going for the AAS in business. I have a new counselor and I have got a list of all the things I need to take! I'm overwhelmed! Baby steps...Working full time and being a wife and mother and homemaker, it will probably take more years that I can imagine! The class is "Math Essentials". Starts Aug 30! Any encouragement and prayers will be appreciated!
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: Going for it again! - 08/04/05 11:41 PM

Hi robo,

I'm a new kid on the block here, but wanted to send a little encouragement by letting you know that I just recently finished the bachelor's degree I started in 1976 (that's no typo)!!!
It can be done!
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: Going for it again! - 08/05/05 02:05 AM

Robowidowk - I graduated in 1999 with my A.A.S. and I started in 1988. Though with all the non-credit classes I take I should have a PhD. LOL

Have fun with your classes and take them as they come. However long it takes--it takes.

Speaking of which I have a 6 o'clock class I have to get ready for.
Posted by: frances

Re: Going for it again! - 12/05/05 08:56 AM

Just joined here. Baby steps is what it takes! I am 55 and just completing a post-bac certificate in a new field. Started about five years ago. It is equivalent in number of classes to a year of full time college. Slight hitch - when I started, hubby was fully employed. But no more. So switching careers, starting at the bottom salary wise, would have been no problem then. Now, may consider taking retirement early and at a lower rate, since I did not slave over these classes to not use them! Any experience in this area?
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Going for it again! - 12/04/05 09:15 PM

Welcome Frances rose!
No experience but wish you luck with your new career!

And best wishes are being sent to Robo too!