Email - Squeemail

Posted by: unique

Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:00 AM

OK Techhies....I changed from Windows 98 to Windows XP....why can't I send documents as inline text anymore? When I go to send something, pic, doc, etc. it wants to send it as an attachment. I don't want to send it as an attachment. I had a 'get to pick' button in 98, what happened? And how do I send stuff 'normal'?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:09 AM

Hang in there Unique I'm sure Sara will see this and have the answer as she set my entire system straight and I have Windows XP too.
Posted by: CompuNerdie

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:19 AM

Are you using Outlook Express? Are you attempting to send the item as the message instead of as an attatchement?

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:23 AM

In Outlook I believe when you wrtie the email make sure it's html (not text) format. To insert an immage in your text you'd have to go to Insert -> image. That allows you to find it on your computer and insert it into the email.

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:26 AM

There's also an Insert -> Text from File. Sorry I didn't put it all on one post
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 06:31 AM

You are the sweetest girl ever and never have to apologize for a thing. Ladies we are so fortunate to have Sara here. It boggles my mind how such a young person can be so smart..... [Wink]

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/20/05 04:32 PM

Yes, Ms. CompuNerdie, I am using OE and I would like to send the item as the message instead of as an attchmt. I used to be able to drop down 'file' at the top left. There was a line that said 'Send'; an arrow came out that said, 'as an attachment' or as 'inline text' (I think) and I could pick. This new one just says 'Send' and it autopicks 'attachment'. I tried 'Insert Text From File'(in the email message itself) --Dang--was that a lot of steps!! But all I got in the body of the email was a short chain of boxes and weird looking things--like those crazy fonts at the bottom of the list. I'll have to look about the HTML vs. text in Outlook. I managed to send some pix last night, but they were HUGE! Sigh. I miss my 98..... [Frown] Thanks for helping me. I hope it doesn't take as long for me to learn XP as it did 98. I was just getting good at it. ...99...00...01...02..03..04..05...7 years (?) I guess you can teach old Cats new tricks-it just takes longer. [Cool]

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/21/05 01:02 PM

LOL. Yeah I guess a more and more is lost as they keep trying to improve the Operating System. There's actually another one in the works right now...

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/21/05 04:21 PM

...Lord save us all....anybody got a quill pen?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/23/05 08:32 AM

Comp, thanks so much for offering your help at BWS. Your knowledge adds so much for all us women who continue to learn how to use these dang things. What a blessing you are to our neighborhood. I appreciate you. IS there anythign we can do to help you? I know you're younger and we're full of advice! [Big Grin]

Re: Email - Squeemail - 03/25/05 10:15 PM

LOL; aww y'all already do a TON for me. I read all the posts!