Computer Stuff

Posted by: CompuNerdie

Computer Stuff - 03/17/05 10:11 PM

I know quite a bit about general computer usage not to mention a lil about virus removal and keeping your computer generally safe. Feel free to ask me anything!! [Smile] I love to help.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/17/05 10:47 PM

Hi, CompuNerdie. Great name!

I'm not at my laptop right now, but I do have something on there that's driving me nuts. My kids like Kazaa and I'm ready to kill someone because I removed it but now I have a file called ILookUp (TopText, windec32.dll) that I cannot remove. Suggestions?

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/17/05 11:52 PM

Yup, yup... If you have Windows XP download and run Microsoft Anti Spyware (Beta). To remove Kazaa related stuff you may want to try Kazaa Begone and Kazaa Spyware removal from here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

You may also want to check add/remove programs to make sure nothing weird has been installed. Key owrds are toolbar and search and stuff like that
Posted by: unique

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/18/05 03:54 AM

CompuNerdie, I wish you lived in MY neighborhood. Sigh. How'd you work on Chatty's computer from Austin to Vegas? Did you seize hold, or grab root, or whatever that vulgar sounding term for remote control is.....? ( [Razz] ) I'm so techno-not....

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/18/05 08:16 AM

Naw I walked her through it on the phone. I kinda work for Microsoft... [Razz]
Posted by: unique

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/18/05 06:35 PM

??? ??? Okay. I'll bite....kinda work? Or kinda Microsoft? We won't ask any proprietary secrets. Most of us wouldn't know what to do with them anyway. But if they ever want to know what us 'oldsters' think about their products - - send them over here!! We'll give 'em an earful, for sure!! (And don't ya'll start harping about the oldsters crack -- I feel old today, and that's that!)

Re: Computer Stuff - 03/19/05 04:36 AM

The company I work for has a contract from Microsoft to help them provide support. So in effect I work for a company that MS pays to pay me. Sounds nice to say I work for Microsoft tho...especially to my family! [Wink]