If I should disappear..

Posted by: unique

If I should disappear.. - 03/01/05 11:10 PM

...the Aliens Ate My Buick....& and they polished off the hard drive for dessert....Run your adware/spyware programs often. Don't let YOUR computer become the next victim....
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: If I should disappear.. - 03/01/05 11:20 PM

Amen. My computer guys counted as they pointed to all the machines sitting in their work space that had all been infected by adware/spyware. It's keeping them in business!

Crazy thing...many of them had the programs, but didn't run them, or keep them updated. [Frown]

Re: If I should disappear.. - 03/02/05 03:02 AM

Even when you do run them - the bad guys are still writing the programs to slip in around them. It's a war out there. And one thing I find from talking to other "computer dudes" is that the adware/spyware guys are just making a living by selling these programs to advertisers. A lot of them aren't really being malicious. The destruction isn't by intent. It's just that they "know the code"; they know how to insert these programs into a system and they aren't worried about subtlety - only reaching the objective. I want the computer "good guys" to tell us who's buying this adware/spyware junk so I can start a boycott!! And get our Representatives busy to legislate this junk. If you want to know what I buy, what I look at on line, etc. Ask me! I'll tell ya! You don't have to mess up my machine to find out and if you think about it, if my machine's messed up too bad, I won't be looking at anything! (And I won't have any money to spend cuz I'll be buying a new computer!)
Posted by: Dianne

Re: If I should disappear.. - 03/02/05 07:51 PM

My (like I own him) computer guy put all sorts of goodies on my computer to kill those nasty spyware thingy's.

Re: If I should disappear.. - 03/03/05 08:15 AM

Gotta love those 'computer dudes' (and dudettes if you count PM, right?)