Lower Prices on Computers

Posted by: Sandpiper

Lower Prices on Computers - 11/27/11 04:05 PM

Has anyone noticed how lower the cost of computers are this season? Could it be because of the readers and tablets that are coming out? I'm thinking of getting a tablet or such. I've already got a Kindle ereader and like it just fine. How about you all?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Lower Prices on Computers - 11/27/11 08:19 PM

Hi Sandpiper,

I haven't been pricing computers recently, but what you say makes sense - supply and demand is powerful. If the laptop and computer manufacturers are experiencing less demand, it would be natural they would lower prices.

As for your other question, I have a iPad, and I like it a lot. I'm still learning how to use it, but I have now read two e-books on it, which worked out well. I also took it into the kitchen and called up recipes from the Food network on it. That saved me printing out the recipes. But I am not sure I wouldn't prefer to have my recipes printed out. Maybe if I created my own online "cookbook" on the iPad, that would be OK... I'll have to think about that.

It hasn't replaced my desktop as my preferred computer, but I do think I will continue to find ways to use it where a desktop would not work as well.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Lower Prices on Computers - 11/28/11 03:51 PM

Those readers and tablets look interesting. Haven't noticed the price of computers, probably because I'm not looking to buy one at the moment. I am hunting in the food network for some ideas
for Christmas Eve dinner. Can't make up my mind what to serve as yet. We have a laptop but I prefer typing on the mainframe. It seems faster to me.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Lower Prices on Computers - 11/30/11 01:52 AM

I haven't gotten any tablet yet and haven't planned to because had to get new computer for new location where I am.

I don't have an iphone nor ipad either. Or any cellphone..don't plan to for awhile.

I have to remain within budget. But I can do alot with 1 computer!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Lower Prices on Computers - 11/30/11 03:01 PM

Darn right you can, Orchid!