The Notebook?

Posted by: Dotsie

The Notebook? - 10/05/04 05:28 PM

Have you read it or seen the movie? I haven't done either. I was consideringmaking this the next book in the club. That way, even if you don't read along with us, but have read it, you can post.

Thoughts?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The Notebook? - 10/05/04 06:29 PM

Count me out. I just finished it and it was THE NUMBER 1 most boring book I've ever read. I think he is a good writer, but he truly missed the mark on this book. What was different about it? nothing. Did it capture you in the beginning? nope. Was there a new twist to the romance? nupe...The only reason I kept reading the darn thing was because it was supposeeeee to be soooo good. I've read some of his other work and loved it. But if you ask me, this was a case of people reviewing it and just giving it an "A" because of his other work. What a snoozer...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....(strong message to follow).

JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: The Notebook? - 10/06/04 04:43 AM

I loved the Notebook. I read it quite a few years ago though. He wrote it a long time ago and now it's become popular because of the movie. In fact, I think it was his first novel, or at least the first one that made it. That's why I enjoyed The Wedding so much. It was about the same people a lot of years later. Maybe it's because I work in a nursing home and see so much Alzheimers, but I really liked it. [Smile]
Louisa
Posted by: Ellie

Re: The Notebook? - 10/06/04 05:06 PM

Read the book - it was ok - easy read good book to have around when you don't have to really concentrate - Glad I read it but not a favorite!!!