angel investors

Posted by: Stacy M.

angel investors - 06/28/06 09:06 AM

Hi all! I've been away for ages ... yikes!
I'm putting my home coaching biz on hold since becoming the "president" of the new biz started with my hubby.

He's been in fast food his entire career and has developed a fast casual pizza concept. I'm excited to be on the ride with him since I opted out 7 years ago with his Little Caesars franchise that went down the tubes. Oops.

I'm searching the internet for angel investors to finance our idea. Does anyone have suggestions on a direction to take? Thanks!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: angel investors - 06/28/06 09:47 AM

Hi Stacy,
Nice to meet you; I joined a few months ago. I've never heard of angel investors - do people actually give (loan..or?) money to new business startups? What's the catch?

Thanks,
Kathy

Re: angel investors - 06/28/06 10:54 PM

Hi Kathy,
An angel investor is an individual who invests in start up companies for hope of a high return on their money. Instead of investing in the stock market or mutual funds, Angels take high risk investments with new companies.

So, yes, it's like a loan. Maybe you've heard of venture capitalists? They do the same thing, but with higher dollar amounts ... usually $500k - millions.
Angels deal in smaller amounts requested by startups...typically under $250k.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: angel investors - 06/30/06 02:30 AM

Advertise in the Financiasl papers. Just say looking for investors send email/or address for information etc. Have some brochures explaining the concept and send them one....We have many such investors here in Vegas.

Re: angel investors - 07/07/06 02:57 AM

Thanks for the info, Chatty!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: angel investors - 07/08/06 12:42 PM

I am such a loser when it comes to this financial jargon. That is one area I need to learn more...among many others.

Thanks for the explanation.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: angel investors - 07/15/06 01:23 PM

Stacy, have you tried SBA? It also pays to know people who know people, who know people who have money they want to invest. Networking.

Good luck on this new adventure! It takes guts.