Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions

Posted by: orchid

Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/13/08 05:25 AM

re banking & financial institutions are you completely virtual ie. do you choose NOT to have any paper transactions from bank?

Well, I did question my sanity. Because I chose to still get paper transactions sent to me ...even if doing online or phone banking.

And still choose to have real hard copy bank passbk.

Now...I have to wrestle with the bank...for some money..that didn't reappear.... I have ..some evidence..in hard copy.

Could I use debit card now? Never.
Glad I printed off or made photo copy of my online tax files to govn't. That too was necessary to unravel more stuff with the govn't.last year.

You avoid the real passbook print-outs etc. in electronic /ATM machine age, etc.? Or maybe some banks don't give a choice. I deal with one that does give consumer such choices...thank goodness.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/13/08 06:34 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a paper trail, Orchid. I don't do banking or any other transactions online. As you say, it is hard to dispute an argument without documentary evidence. Identity fraud and wireless theft is rife in the UK as well. And, because of card cloning, I have also stopped using ATM's for the past ten years and insist on drawing cash from the counter cashier.
Posted by: Di

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/23/08 05:41 PM

I have done online banking and BillPay for about 11 years now. Have not written a hard check in that many years as well.

It's great as I check my "statement" daily, sometimes more than twice/day on line. However, I do keep paper trails, download comma-delimited spreadsheets from our bank. And yes, I still get hard copy statements, keep my receipts etc.

As long as you watch every move, online banking and BillPay are wonderful!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/24/08 02:00 PM

REMEMBER PEOPLE....This is a public forum and you are telling the world how you do your business ONLINE!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/24/08 09:58 PM

Jawjaw, warning is appreciated, although I doubt much can be done with the info without account #s or passwords.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 03/25/08 01:33 AM

Thanks Ms M...Some people have their email addresses exposed on here, the real ones...hackers can take it from there to get inside their computers...where the "data" is stored. This would be my concern.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Paperless vs. Virtual Transactions - 05/01/08 06:52 PM

I think you'll see more and more banks encouraging their customers to move toward online banking as hard drive network storage becomes less expensive than storing paper.

We do the same thing at home. We scan our bills and store them on our back up drives and shred the bills. If we have an issue with them, we can pull up any bill from last month to years ago and know the answer right away.