Mail Order Husbands

Posted by: Anonymous

Mail Order Husbands - 08/06/11 08:57 PM

I'm certain this is a joke!

http://mailorderhusbands.net/order/
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/09/11 04:35 PM

It's pretty funny actually. Imagine all the effort someone went to in order to create this site!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/10/11 05:42 PM

I don't know, Mustang. All I can say is, Beware!

Would anyone actually get a "Mail Order Husband?"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/14/11 08:55 PM

Ha, not I! Yet, seems many men actually do b/c they consider American women either needy, independent, or not old fashioned enough. In other words, they want someone they can control. I work with a man who ordered a wife from Russia. It would not suprise me if she divorces him when he is eligible to retire b/c she would get 1/2.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/15/11 07:45 PM

Good grief! Aren't there enough American women to pick from. Imagine marrying a complete stranger from another land!

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/22/11 01:52 PM

Marriages still falter, even when you've dated a guy for years and years. I dated my 1st husband 3 and 1/2 years before we
wed. Geese! Can't imagine living with a stranger; that's too
scary to think about!

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/22/11 07:25 PM

Well I would certainly never consider a "mail order husband." Like Jabber, I dated my first husband for over 3 years before we married. During that time, I was too naive to see the warning signals, so ended up marrying a functional alcoholic.

(By functional alcoholic, I mean he could drink a case of beer over the course of an evening, while carrying on social conversation and playing cards. And even drive home afterward.

Once home, however, he let his control go instantly. He would begin stripping off his clothes at the front door, and pass out on the bed as soon as he made it to the bedroom.

Next morning, he would be fully functional, able to get up and go to work. and ready to start it all over again at the end of the work day.)

Not good long-term husband material. But the man looked good, was well-educated, held a job, talked a good game, and was great in bed - when he was sober. And I spent 10 years married to him before I got smart enough to leave.

His was exactly the sort of behavior one wouldn't learn about with a "mail order" scenario, as it was totally under his control to hide this behavior.

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/23/11 01:39 PM

Anne,
It seems many guys are adept at fooling folks. My lst hubby had
a temper; the smallest things would ignite a tantrum. And you'd better not be anywhere near him when the explosion hit. He was good-looking but a real terror to live with!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/23/11 11:24 PM

Hacing a bad husband makes us appreciate a really good one so much more when the bad one is kicked to the curb, right?

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/24/11 12:25 AM

Interesting concept, Chatty. I guess having a bad husband first gives you something to measure against.

Re: Mail Order Husbands - 08/24/11 01:33 PM

Chatty and Anne,
Right U R!