QUESTION???

Posted by: chatty lady

QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 07:58 AM

Sunday night a bunch of us were on surfing around and yet it showed only me, when I checked to see Who's Online. But it showed a dozen Annonymous. Have you all disabled that feature so no one knows when you're here. Maybe I should too, but for the life of me can't figure out why?.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 12:01 PM

I wasn't here Sunday night but I haven't disabled anything Chatty. I wouldn't even know where to begin...
(Sunday night is Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters night and now Lifetime has started replaying the first season of Grey's Anatomy at 11 so I'm glued to the set for 3 hours instead of my usual 2.)
And I'm very tired right now!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 02:31 PM

Chat, go to your home and it gives you the preference for allowing others to know when you're on the site or not.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 07:43 PM

Chatty,
I saw that also the other night on here the Annonymous and wonder what was going on . I will check my preferance also thanks Diane
Posted by: Evie

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 07:51 PM

I'm not sure, but aren't anonymous users ones who are browsing the forums without logging in?? - you have to remember these forums are "public" - can be viewed by anyone - you only have to log in to post.

I often quickly check the forums, only logging in if I'm going to post something, so I probably am one of those "anonymous" types
Posted by: Anno

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 09:39 PM

I do like Dianne said, don't let people know I am online but it comes across as a registered user just unnamed. Why do I do this? Security? I don't know, I just found it one day, changed it and I never got around to changing back. And like Evie, sometimes I just want to see if anything is new, so I don't log in. Save a step when I am just wanting to catch up.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/08/07 11:51 PM

You gals have it right. However, the anonymous users can either be registered users who choose not to show they are online or browsers who haven't registered.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/09/07 08:04 AM

I think I'm always "me" online. At least, I don't recall going into any other modes. I'm usually here late evening but not last night.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: QUESTION??? - 01/10/07 01:19 AM

nope never been annonimise and only didn't log in 1 time could't figure out how or why i couldn't post their was no wee box....

in (our day time it's normoly only me or po and a forum full of annonimise users, i have wondered who they were but now i know they might not all be unfimilare....

celtic_flame