Adding photos

Posted by: Dotsie

Adding photos - 08/14/06 11:29 AM

In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:

For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:

You can do the same for your signature. Click the option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Adding photos - 08/14/06 01:54 PM

Hi Dotsie - I can't see any of the above images - just that lovely box with the red X. I tried adding my pic as you recommend and it wouldn't work?

Thanks for trying!
Kathy
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Adding photos - 08/14/06 02:44 PM

It worked for me but my pic was distorted...
chick

Re: Adding photos - 08/14/06 03:38 PM

That's weird. All you need to do is go to the FAQ link at the top of every forum page and click on:

How do I add an image to my message. You will be able to see all the instructions there.

Chick, it may have to do with the size of your file. Try reading the FAQ page and see if that helps. My photo is too big too. Funny thing is, I jsut paid 60.00 to have my photo enlarged for the editorial board for me* magazine. I guess I have to pay aother 60.00 to have it made smaller now. RIP OFF!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Adding photos - 08/14/06 03:54 PM

Dotsie, if you send me your photo per email, I can make it smaller for you. And that goes without saying,... for free.
You have my email address: just send your original photo over,and I'll comprimise it to 35k. No problem
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Adding photos - 08/14/06 04:02 PM

Quote:

Funny thing is, I jsut paid 60.00 to have my photo enlarged for the editorial board for me* magazine.

Ok, tell us more about *me. Sounds interesting.
luv
chick

Re: Adding photos - 08/15/06 07:50 PM

Ah, here is the link for the magazine:

http://www.memagazine4u.com/main.php

Thanks for asking.

Hannelore, thanks for making it smaller. I appreciate it. I am going to see if my web designer can do anything with it to make it look clearer so I can get it in the forums.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Adding photos - 08/17/06 04:47 PM

Dotsie, that can't be the 80x80 picture I sent you. Try the picture I sent; if it's any better.