Ladies LOOK under Arts and Crafts...

Posted by: chatty lady

Ladies LOOK under Arts and Crafts... - 06/03/08 07:40 PM

I didn't want to cover up Di's great FREE shipping sale for her fabulous products, but wanted you all to see Anaiya, Edelweiss's beautiful granddaughter posing with her new afghan and her Grandma Edelweiss too. Check them out under Arts & Crafts...
HUGS
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Ladies LOOK under Arts and Crafts... - 06/03/08 09:03 PM

Chats, I saw them and they were beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! You are truly an artist with your needles!

Re: Ladies LOOK under Arts and Crafts... - 06/04/08 01:30 AM

With my "hook," JJ, with my hook...Needles are for knitting and I am not able to do that yet but I may take lessons if I ever find the time.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/05/08 09:15 PM

I was watching a woman knitting on TV late last night, it looks pretty complicated, Think I'll stick to crocheting, that can be confusing enough.
Posted by: Dee

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/07/08 02:12 AM

I saw them...I especially love the first photo of Edelweiss and the little one cuddled head to head...how precious...and your crocheting is so beautiful Chatty...My goodness you're becoming quite the expert with your afghans.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/07/08 12:11 PM

See now Chatty I think that crocheting is harder. But then again, I cut my teeth on knitting. I even took a course in knitting in college, can you believe that? Course Moses was in that class, too. It was many years ago...

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/07/08 01:22 PM

JJ...I tried knitting too, but could never get the hang of it. There are so many beautiful patterns that you get with knitting that you can't get with crochet...my hands won't let me crochet anymore and I've lost interest since finding quilting...but, keep going Chatty...your items are beautiful!

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/07/08 10:26 PM

I have now broken out of just afghans and into Ponchos too. I am making the first one for JJ. She will be my model and gets to keep it, if she likes it that is! I am 3/4 of the way finished with it. I make it up as I go along, same as the afghans. Can't wait till its done and on display on this forum. I hope you all saw Edelweiss's slide show under Arts & Crafts.
Posted by: gims

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 02:55 AM

When I think of ponchos, I have a hot flash! just typing the word, made me need to take my shirt off.... not because of you, chatty. I bet what you are making is awesome. It's just that it is getting SO hot and it takes well into the night before the temps start to fall.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 12:16 PM

Chatty, I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to see your additional handiwork. You have a gift, girl...that's for sure.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 06:16 PM

Anxiously waiting to order three ponchos. Mydaughter wants one in hot pink and then I think it wuold be cool to give my niece a black one and my other niece all all brown one. I know you've set the price at 65.00. Let me know if you stick with that or have to charge more.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 08:01 PM

Oh Gims you are right and luckily its very cool in my home where I do my crocheting because its nearly 100* outside today and who thinks of ponchos...I am making them now ahead of time so when the cooler weather comes I will be able to fill the orders. I need more yarn but haven't even wanted to venture out to buy it in this heat.

Dotsie, I still need your daughters height and weight...Also does she want bright pink or a duller rosey pink? So many pinks out there to choose from. I remember JJ's info/size from being with her when you guys were here visiting so think I have it down pat for her poncho.

I may run out tonight and buy the rest of the yarn so I can get it done and to JJ and you all can tell me what you think when its modeled on the site. I am excited myself as this poncho making is new to me too. My DIL told me last night when she stopped by that from now on she is calling me Martha Stewart because there doesn't seem to be anything I can't do...
BOY, is she ever wrong, LOL! Theres a heck of a lot more I can't do, than can do. But its nice to know she feels that way. She wants a poncho now too! See why I am making them this early for winter?

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 08:46 PM

My daughter would want hot pink, not neon, but hot pink. Maybe you c ould mail me the color you are using and I could give you the go-ahead.

The black one is for my niece who is probably 5'8" and very thin. The brown one and the pink one are for girls who are both only about 5'1". Does this help? I don't know their weight.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 08:48 PM

I'm trying to think if I have a poncho here. Ladies, help us. I'm guessing the poncho should hit around the middle of your wrist and elbow? Is that about right?

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/09/08 09:02 PM

I can make them the right length by knowing their heights, thats the easy part because they are flowing and full. It's the neck size I need to be sure of. They are slender girls, right?

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/10/08 02:34 PM

The two shorter ones are not slender, but not really heavy either. Does that help?

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/10/08 07:11 PM

Yep, it will be fine. The Ponchos are not suppose to be tight fitting so theres plenty of room for all sizes. Now if they were my size, I'd have to add 'a lot' more yarn, LOL!!!!

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/11/08 03:37 PM

The poncho I had hung around my hips. I guess if they're being custom made by you, Chatty, you can make them to your customer's preference.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/15/08 05:33 PM

Dee, if the poncho you had hung around your hips, wouldn't it be called a skirt?

Couldn't resist.

Re: LOOK under Arts & Crafts... - 06/15/08 10:58 PM

Funny Dotsie but when reading Dee's post the same thing accured to me, must have been a skirt, but I think I get the jist of her message....Too funny!