Boomer Products

Posted by: jawjaw

Boomer Products - 05/28/06 12:21 AM

Ladies,
We have something NEW here at BWS. We are looking into products for baby boomers that will enhance our lives in some shape, form, or fashion. We've decided to test certain products that we find and give you all the heads up on what WORKS and what DOESN'T.

Recently, Florence Halstead, www.ezbookclip.com, was kind enough to send me two EZ Book Clips to try. Her web page is http://www.ezbookclip.com and she is a dear! Also, if I'm not mistaken, she is a new member here. Florence? Yuhoooo! Pop in and tell the girls all about yourself, won't you?

When I received her EZ Book Clips in the mail, I immediately ran back to the office (where my books are located) and began testing it. I pulled large books, small ones, and had a great time trying out the product.

Here are some of my thoughts on the EZ Book Clip (which I've sent to Florence already)

1. There were two clips enclosed. One seemed to have a heavier coating (green) than the other (gold). I liked the "green" clip much better than the gold. The ends of the green clip were not as rough and didn't feel like a threat to the books as it was going in. (see her web site for viewing of the clip and how it works) I felt the ends of the gold one I have was too rough on the pages when inserting, but the green wasn't.

2. The green is still my favorite as far as holding the pages. Hands down. (no pun intended). It held the pages open better and took less "massaging" to get it in the right position for me. The green one is bigger (wider) than the gold. The gold seems to be a mini version of the green one. However, the smaller one (gold) might work better on smaller books? Just a thought.

3. While I think the concept of ALL is fantastic, I found that I soon tired of pulling it up and down as I turned pages. So I quickly realized that this clip would have to serve one purpose for ME, and that would be to free my hands for other things. Of course this is the whole idea behind it anyway!

Reading for me is a pleasure and something that I set aside time to do, just for me...so my hands do not need to be free...however, when I cook that's a different story. THIS PRODUCT IS IDEAL FOR COOKS EVERYWHERE. IDEAL! I have used mine already and found it to be invaluable. I need my hands free to dash here and there for ingredients, get that ladle I forgot or slotted spoon that is always located just out of my reach, or to dial the phone and call Mom and say, "Didn't you revise this recipe?" I can cook, wipe up messes, and talk all while my book sits comfortably and OPEN right where I want it, on my current recipe.

4. I would not hesitate to buy this product for the use explained in #3, but also don't discount using it for when you're on a treadmill, or playing music and the fact that it would slip easily into ANY handbag/purse for carrying on trips and vacations. What a unique Christmas gift, welcome to the neighborhood gift, Mother's Day, Father's Day...heck, come to think of it, is there ANY time this gift wouldn't be suitable? .........

AND

Ladies - if you have books or products that need an extra something (inexpensive but quality) to include as a freebee when someone buys your product, then I would suggest stocking up on this EZ Book Clip. I intend to.

Another feature of the clip is that you can have your very own logo put on the clips! Is that cool or what? Pure genius if you ask me. Love it Florence! I'm investigating the price of doing this now, and will let you know if I think it is feasible.

I'll use it for give-a-ways at book signings, speeches I give where I sell my own books, and it I think it will be a fantastic marketing tool.

Well, that's it for the EZ Book Clip and my review.

If you know of any other products you would want us to try and report on, just drop me a line at georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com and we'll see what we can do! We can't promise that your product will be reviewed, but we will certainly try!

JJ

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 03:54 AM

Just for the record, (and because Dianne is a hoot) we don't do hemorrhoidal creams...

Good grief! [Big Grin]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 07:19 AM

What did Dianne say?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 08:11 AM

Oh, I can just imagine the "products" JJ will get now that she's a reviewer. I think I'll keep my eyes out for "unique" items... hee-hee.

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 08:16 AM

Kathy, I need to email you about your book, but you want to hear something great? My husband saw your book in my office and said, "that book's hysterical." He read it while it was sitting in the bedroom. He thought it was a riot. I thought you should know.

How are the next books in the series coming? Do you need topics?

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 08:39 AM

Her words:

Yes, I have some hemorrhoidal cream I'd like you to try.

Is she a nut or what? I laughed out loud when I got that email!

JJ
Posted by: Danita

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 08:56 AM

"Yes, I have some hemorrhoidal cream I'd like you to try..."

"around your eyes"...no less!

No puffiness there!

rotfpmp,
danita

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 11:04 AM

Okay Danita, what's rotfpmp ???

I know the "roll on the floor" but I need the pmp??

puffing my pasta?
packing my pistol?

Oh!!! Never mind, I just got it... can't write it here very well, but I got it. Thanks... [Smile]
Posted by: Danita

Re: Boomer Products - 05/28/06 05:21 PM

Giggles! Glad I didn't have to do some "splaining".

I'm off for a 2 day adventure to the mountains with my hubby...ya'll take care!

hugs,
d.

Re: Boomer Products - 05/29/06 05:06 PM

Have fun Ms D....you crazy woman you!

JJ

Re: Boomer Products - 05/29/06 05:52 PM

Hey Danita, you guys do this fairly often. This is about the third time in a few months I recall you running off to be alone. You go girl.
Posted by: JaMaPh

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 05:26 AM

What book by Kathy?
Posted by: JaMaPh

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 05:28 AM

ANDdddd, hemrroidal cream DOES work around your eyes!!!!

Because it SHRINKS THINGS. ROFL...it's true!

Janine

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 01:00 PM

Does it really? Who has used it. I'd love to hear.

Kathy's book can be found at www.rickandjune.com. Check out her site. She's a boomer babe and going places! She's also a member of NABBW. www.nabbw.com. Want to join?

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 02:19 PM

Quote:

What book by Kathy?

Hi JaMaPH! Welcome to our forums! My book is more of a "gift" book - not the great American novel...

It's the first in a series of humorous, illustrated "Past your Primer" books for baby boomers. This one is called "June is Hot", about June having a hot flash. They are written and illustrated in the old Dick and Jane style.

I've also got a nice selection of wicking sleepwear - keeps you dry at night so you can sleep better if you're having trouble with night sweats.

Nice to see you jumping into all the forum topics!
Kathy

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 08:36 PM

You can kick in your wick and stay dry as a tic....

What?

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 09:40 PM

Someone give the Queen a stiff drink, I think shes gone round the bend...

Re: Boomer Products - 07/22/06 09:58 PM

Another one? Okey Doakey then...Hand it here!

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 12:32 AM

Ah and thars a good strong swig of Irish whiskey for her royal person...its been known to curl a hair or two ya see!!!

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 05:29 AM

See what all this heat does to perfectly normal (umm, hmmm) people?
Posted by: Lola

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 07:11 AM

Yep, it could addle the brain.

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 12:35 PM

Kathy, you need to use that quote of the queens on your site!

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 03:28 PM

Not unless she's begs me....and Chatty gives me another Irish thingy...(hiccup!) Sorry--JJ

Re: Boomer Products - 07/23/06 03:34 PM

Hmmm, well, I'm thinking it might be only Alabamians that would like to be "dry as a tic".... Or maybe it's just Oreo Addicts?

By the way, I was at a going away party for my neice last night in Riverside (CA) and it was 114 degrees!! And the power kept going on and off, so the A/C wasn't working and oh my gosh - even the pool was over 85 degrees - you just couldn't get cool no matter what!