RELUCTANT GOURMET

Posted by: jawjaw

RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/27/05 08:43 PM

Yuhooo....girlssss...Did I mention this already? Who knows? I'm really going to see the wizard first chance...

Anyhooo...a friend of mine from home moved to Australia and while there, she wrote this cookbook called "From Freezer, 'Fridge & Pantry" and it is so cool! I ordered mine. I have this cookbook fetish. I don't even cook either! How dumb is that? Don't answer that. AnyWAY....anybody wanting to check it out can go to http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/cookbooks.htm and about half way down the page is her book.

If I've already mentioned this, forgive...I'm old. I'm senile. I'm short. Okay fine, so maybe being short has nothing to do with it...sue me.

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/27/05 08:55 PM

Jawjaw,
Its really funny but I do the same thing. I have so many cookbooks that I can't fit them all on the shelf anymore, but I keep cooking the same old stuff that I know by heart. Maybe in a past life I was a gourmet chef or something? I don't know, but I'll check out her book anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/27/05 09:57 PM

Girl, don't you know it? I even get EVERY SINGLE YEAR, the 20XX Annual Taste of Home cookbook that has all of the recipes they feature all year long in their magazines. Sometimes I get two of these books and give them for gifts. They have always been appreciated by other women JUST LIKE ME that don't cook, but will spend one entire Sunday afternoon reading thru these thangs! hahahahah....

Go figure. We are strangeeeeee birds, are we not?

JJ
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/27/05 10:06 PM

Same here. My shelves are buckling from the weight of the books. I even have Aunt Bee's Mayberry cookbook and have never used it.

I will check out your friend's book.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/27/05 11:02 PM

Jawjaw, the title is enticing. I also like the title of the web site.

I'm another cookbook person. I rip recipes out of magazines and newspapers too.

Oh, and just to make you feel better...I don't think you've mentioned this book in the forums before.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 12:04 AM

I have a cookbook fetish too only I do cook. Right now, I'm into French cookbooks. I'll check out the site. Thanks.

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 01:01 AM

Jersey girl,
I can't believe it, I have Aunt Bee's Mayberry cookbook also...I've never used mine either and I got it while I still lived in New York. When we were moving to North Carolina, it became a bit of a joke. I thought I was the only one!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 01:43 AM

I have cookbooks that I still have in their original wrapper, not even opened yet.

Why do we do that? What's so special about a cookbook that we must have it, but never use it?

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 02:12 AM

they have pretty pictures.....JJ

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 02:17 AM

Also, I HATE the cookbooks that have recipes that say stuff like "and this recipe is sooo easy! You just take one heart of a Belgium bat, and sprinkle it with one teaspoon of milk from the left tit of a Jersey cow...then..."

I mean where the heck do these people get these ingredients?

I have a cookbook that every single recipe in it is 4 ingredients. FOUR. ONLY FOUR. And everything is something you will have in your cabinet or refrigerator. Now THAT's a good cookbook.

Does anybody use the CALLING ALL COOKS cookbook that the telephone companies did? I LOVEEEEE that one!

HELLO? IS THERE A BOOMER WOMEN SPEAK COOKBOOK?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 02:54 AM

IS THERE A BOOMER WOMEN SPEAK COOKBOOK?

JJ, that's a great idea...we could use it to raise money to help Dotsie run this site! (If those calendar girls can do it, so can we!)

[ April 27, 2005, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 03:32 AM

Okay, but I'm not posing in the nude!

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:25 AM

Oh sure....help Dotsie! Help Dotsie? Puleaseeee....and what about my credit card bill? hmmm? what? okay! okay! Stop throwing stuff...I was only joshn' anyhoo...honest injun. Where's SMILES when you need her?

How's about a Boomer and her Babies cookbook? It could be a combination of our grandchildren and pets....OR...if you don't have grandchildren, just your pets....or....if you don't have pets...your---getting the idea? Smilesssss...Oh SMILESSSSSS....She's good at organizing this kind of stuff.

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:36 AM

Hopefully she'll pop back up, she became a little discruntled at some of the posts as did I and she just stopped posting for now BUT not me, oh no, its not that easy to get rid of roaches, bed bugs, dandruff, tomato worms, nosey neighbors, credit card bills and me Chatty...remember the cookbook you gals wanted me to write using sexy terminology, well its in motion. I guarantee you'll have these igredients close by and Dianne you may want to cook naked, who knows? [Big Grin]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 07:48 AM

Okay you two. I can see I'm going to have to come on in here and quieten you guys down!

I am totally shocked that anyone would even mention a nude cookbook. Why I would never even think of such a thing. Of course not!!

However, I do think we should get the chippendales involved NOW. We get them in our cookbook and even JJ will become a gourmet cook.
Hmmm. How many chips are there anyway? 'm thinking ten course meal.
JJ, you can wash up.
smile

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 10:57 AM

Nowwwwwwwww ya talkin'....I'll volunteer to take the pic's too because that's the kind of gal I am. Always ready to lend a helping hand...uh huh. Sure am. I'd like to cook their chip---what? Oh sorry...teehee...

JJ

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:04 PM

Boomer Women Chippendale cookbook,
I like the sound of that! Women everywhere would be going back into their dungeons, I mean kitchens and actually cooking again!

Here is my recipe contribution
Open a Bag of Bertolli.
Easy to follow directions, open the bag, follow their directions and in 10 minutes, serve. No need to add anything, not even water!

What do you think?

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:05 PM

Oh wait, I have another GREAT idea, we can all put our unused cookbooks together to form the backdrop for the pictures of the chips!

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:07 PM

We can't have chips without dip...what could we use as dip?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 05:48 PM

I leave for a couple hours and see what happens! [Razz]

Who wants in on the cookbook idea. I think we should do it. Speak now, or forever hold your peace. Email me.

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 06:27 PM

Hey Eagle,
You're right. I say we let the chips take a dip in the pool. In Speedos!! YEAH!!

You know, I'm thinking, if we get the Chips, we may not need recipes. YEAH!!!

Who'll have time for cooking?

smile

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 06:36 PM

Chocolate chips are my favourite...maybe we could have our chips dipped in chocolate?

Sigh, that tuna casserole I had planned on cooking today is looking more and more blah as the morning goes on...what am I going to do now that I'm in the mood for chocolate chips?!

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/29/05 07:27 AM

Chocolate covered Chips, Yes!

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/28/05 08:03 PM

Then let the Chips fall where they may...
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/29/05 12:22 AM

Oh my Lord, fallen Chips covered in chocolate, be still my heart. Diet be dammed, okay Smile??? Tongue start a liken. Darn it JJ move over theres plenty of Chips for everyone, when we're done that is. Your so right Eagle, tuna-smuna give us chocolate dipped Chippendales.... [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/29/05 03:23 AM

tuna-smuna give us chocolate dipped Chippendales....

Well, it ended up being an imitation crab casserole, but no matter how much I tried to cheese it up, it just couldn't satisfy that yen for chocolate Chips...it also couldn't keep that little smile off my face while I was licking that yummy hot melted cheese off the spoon either.

Whew, is it hot in here all of a sudden? Darn these hot flashes... [Eek!]

[ April 28, 2005, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/29/05 04:01 AM

I have to confess, today I discovered that my grandson had left a handful of M&M's under the couch cushion. Guess where those went.

Hmmm Chocolate and Chippendales!!

YUM

smile
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: RELUCTANT GOURMET - 04/30/05 12:10 AM

Hmmm.. chocolate covered Chippendales.

Items needed:
One Chippendale
One can Hershey's Syrup

Instructions:
1. Take one chippendale. Tie him gently to the top of the kitchen table, spread eagle style.
2. Open can of Hershey's Syrup. Drip and drizzle to your heart's content.

Clean up:
1. Begin licking.

ah hem. Anyone know where we can get a chippendale?