Trail of Tears link

Posted by: smilinize

Trail of Tears link - 09/25/10 03:09 AM

I was once very active here, but now I mostly read, but rarely post. I've been very busy with my musicals. Especially the oppetta style musical previewed in the link below. I've never created a website for a musical before and I'm posting it here to see if I can get some feedback before I send it off to a producer. Here's the link:

[url=http://songofthetrail.com]

Thanks to anyone who might find the time to check it out and comment.

smilinize
Posted by: Di

Re: Trail of Tears link - 09/25/10 03:35 AM

WOW! Is that your voice?

It's beautiful, very beautiful!

Re: Trail of Tears link - 09/25/10 01:59 PM

Not my voice. I sing like a frog. A dead one. :-)

The voice belongs to the young man who is pictured on the pages you find when you click on the tabs and hear some of the other songs as well.

Thanks for looking Di. Maybe I should make it advance without clicking?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Trail of Tears link - 09/26/10 12:30 AM

Smilinizae and I became very good friends years ago due to our being on this site. In fact she designed my first website. I have seen her work and listenened to every song on this new opperetta and was blown away. She is as talented as she is a beautiful lady all around.

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/03/10 03:32 AM

Chatty is one SPECTACULAR lady. She not only listened to all the songs on the site, she listened to a lot of others from my other musicals. And she commented on the ones she liked.

CHATTY'S THE BEST!!

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/03/10 09:39 AM

I am a good judge of fine music and also other peoples books. I love to listen to your music smilinize and know the work that went into it, It's all good and I'm happy to be asked to listen to it. I am also am happy to have read many of your books and even happily written reviews...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/06/10 02:03 AM

Smilinize, so good to see you in here!
The operetta was very moving. Of course, I know the story, one of the great shames of this country's history. I could feel the pain in both the lyrics and music.

My one suggested improvement is -- on the last page, the text is cut off halfway through.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/07/10 05:36 AM

Hi meredith,
Thanks to both you and Chatty for checking out the site.

Isn't it amazing that so many of us folks from the 'olden days' are still here. Chatty and I stay in contact and she was great to listen to all the music. I think of you often and hope you're doing well. I no longer get your jewelry newsletter. It is such beautiful work. I hope you're still doing it.

I checked the site and I think the last page is short because it is the guest book page. Maybe I need to work on the previous "hope" page to make it more obvious that it is the end of the storyline. I purposely made it a little ambiguous to not give away too much of the plot. I'll check again though to make sure I'm not just seeing what I think is there.

This musical stuff is very time consuming, but I check in here whan I can find time. Again thanks for your input. Stay happy.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/08/10 08:17 PM

Smilinize, This is my first time knowing about you, but thank you so much for sharing your website. The music is beautiful and I love that the song begins to play as each page opens.

Beautiful work!

Re: Trail of Tears link - 10/09/10 03:42 AM

Thank you Anne.
I was unsure about having the music play automatically at each page since some folks might be at work, but most people seem to like it.

This musical is closer to my heart than any other I've ever done. I beleive it is important that we know our history, even the shameful parts in order to assure they never happen again. One fourth of the Cherokees (around 4000 or possibly more) died along the four to five months of that horrible trail, but I am proud to say that the Cherokees, my people, have returned even stronger. Today we number around 300,000 with a representative form of governent and an annual budget approaching a billion dollars.

I receive your newsletter and enjoy it immensely. I was one of the first members back when there were just a few of us and it sounds as if you are a great leader for this group of women, all so different, yet also very much the same.

Thanks for checking out the site and for commenting.

Re: Trail of Tears link - 11/10/10 12:53 AM

I am asking that all you who remember our Smilinize/Janis and those who do not please pray for her. She is going through a difficult time right now and needs our prayers even though she'll probably be mad I am asking on her behalf. She has been a dear friend to all these many years and deserves our prayers...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Trail of Tears link - 11/10/10 03:13 AM

Smilinize, dear gentle lady - my prayers are with you.