Eco friendly boxes - really!

Posted by: yonuh

Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/06/10 12:38 AM

http://www.lifeboxcompany.com/
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/06/10 10:43 AM

These boxes are absolutely fantastic and even Sun Chips has packaging now for their chips that when empty you can throw it on the ground and it will absorb into the soil and become enriched and turn to a mulch where things can grow. This could be one answer to our garbage problem around the world. Start with a box and some packaging and go from there. You gotta love science...
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/06/10 05:06 PM

While these products are a definite improvement, they do not work the same in all environments. Things like the Sun Chips bags WILL break down when composted properly, but not when they are just thrown in the trash and taken to the dump.

The breakdown happens because of the interaction of the other materials in the compost pile, which doesn't happen in the dump.

I just came back from Atlanta for Waste Expo, so I picked up lots of new info there. Companies are working very hard to try to reduce their environmental impact.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/08/10 10:39 AM

Interesting Dolphin.Glad to hear it.

Did you learn any other good tidbits you can share?

How's the business going, and how are you?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/08/10 02:15 PM

The business is finally picking up; the sales cycle can be quite long. I've signed two agreements this month; one is fairly small, for an annual Renaissance Fair - a 7-weekend event. The other will be much larger, for a steel company with 9 locations. I'll know more once I get copies of their invoices for all sites.

The movie theatre that I did had 8 locations and I saved them 40% on their trash expenses. This system really does work and after completing that job, I know that I can help just about any business looking to cut costs on their waste spend.

Waste Expo was good; a quick trip but it went well thanks to several hours of planning beforehand. I had mapped out all the exhibitors that I wanted to see in advance, so I knew that exhibit floor inside out - it went very smooth and I never got lost or turned around. Any of you that attend things like this will understand what an achievement that can be when you are surrounded by more than 500 booths.

Regarding tidbits to share, it was more of a commercial venue rather than consumer-related. But they did talk about Zero Waste, and what that actually means. Turns out it means different things to just about everyone. Maybe I'll start a new topic on that somewhere else and see if anyone is interested in a discussion.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Eco friendly boxes - really! - 05/08/10 02:43 PM

Sounds great. I would be interested in a discussion on this.