www.thecandystoresf.com

Posted by: Dotsie

www.thecandystoresf.com - 02/01/08 03:51 PM

I read an article in Real Simple about the founder of this candy business and wanted to share. She sells the latest and greatest and the childhood classics we all remember.

She was always obsessed with candy. She sold it out of her locker in middle school, then got suspended when she got caught.

She and her hubby started this business in San Francisco and it's doing very well.

She's a hoot. Her biggest challenge is not eating her profits. Every day she sets out with the goal of not eating any candy, but usually doesn't make it past noon. I connected with her (HA) and wanted to help promote her business. I think I'll ask her to join the NABBW.

She sells The Blast fro the Past which is a box with 20 types of nostalgic candy. It's one of the stores best sellers.

www.thecandystoresf.com
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: www.thecandystoresf.com - 02/01/08 06:59 PM

Oh my word. I've found the land of Gimme. Gimme some of this, gimme some of that. I love their site.

Note to visitors...for some reason, you have to click on the SHIPPING button to see some more varities.

I love this site. Do they need taste-testers?
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: www.thecandystoresf.com - 02/02/08 06:45 PM

If this is the same one featured on Oprah it is Ralph Lauren's daughter.
Posted by: gims

Re: www.thecandystoresf.com - 02/02/08 09:47 PM

PL, I think hers is in NY.
Posted by: humlan

Re: www.thecandystoresf.com - 02/03/08 08:06 PM

Dotsie! O YES!!! It´s in there with my other "favorites"..addresses that I keep. What a FIND!!!! Thinking of sending the licuorice package to my daughter who lives in the US. She usually stocks up here in Sweden..but that supply depletes fast. What fun..candy from the past!!! When I went to grammar school at my Catholic School in Maryland, there was this old(er) lady that had a little candy schack on the way home from school. She had EVERYTHING in there! It was candy from floor to ceiling and shelves and shelves of it. Maybe that´s why I had to pull out 2 teeth the other day? I was, needless to say, a regular in her store. But I was THIN then..despite all the sweets. Unfair!!! O well..that´s was then and now is now. I am "pleasingly plump" I guess or something along those curvy lines!