Modern Conveniences

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Modern Conveniences - 05/29/06 08:56 PM

In public restrooms, I hope I'm not the only one who has waved her hands back in forth under a faucet, trying to find the exact place to trigger the water flow. (Others in the restroom, of course, are having no problem!)

And then when you're done and drying your hands off, your purse falls into the sink and triggers the water flow again!

And what's up with the toilets that automatically flush before you even get a chance to sit down?? I can't tell you how many times I've neatly placed the paper seat cover on the seat, turned around to unbutton my pants, and the doggone toilet flushes!

Don't you love modern conveniences?
Posted by: Casey

Re: Modern Conveniences - 05/29/06 09:20 PM

<chuckle>
or...when the toilet flushes before you do your business and refuses to do so afterwards!

In Europe, I've often been baffled by how to turn the water on in sinks in public restrooms -- only to discover the switch on the floor!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Modern Conveniences - 05/30/06 06:33 PM

Going in public bathrooms can be so confusing these days. I love it when the toilet flushes and splashes water all over you. Or when you pump and pump and there is no soap, or pump and pump and there are no paper towels.

Have you seen the automatic toilet seat covers? When you flush, a new rim of plastic covers the seat? I'm wondering how the machine knows when it's to the end...or do you think they just keep dispensing the old ones?
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Modern Conveniences - 05/30/06 08:30 PM

Oh, I have had that where if yo dare to turn around the toliet will flush and when you want it to it will not do it . I one day keep moving from side to side to get it to flush .

Been there and done that one . Ha