back to college

Posted by: Dotsie

back to college - 08/19/04 06:44 PM

My son is back at college and living in an apartment this year with 3 other guys.

It's ridiculous the amount of money we had to spend to get him set up. We're broke and he's happy. What else is new?

Just a couple more years and he's on his own! [Big Grin]
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: back to college - 08/20/04 01:46 AM

Arghhh, I remember those days well! We put two through college consecutively...8 straight years, and I wasn't sure we would ever see daylight again. We were also blessed with girls, which means WEDDINGS!!! Ya ain't lived until you see those bills!!!

I feel your pain. [Eek!]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: back to college - 08/20/04 05:34 PM

I guess it never ends, but hopefully it will slow down.
Posted by: Toni

Re: back to college - 08/22/04 11:47 PM

I think it's wondeful what you've done for your son. You've opened up a wonderful window of opportunity for him that will forever change his life and yours!

He will always remember what you've done for him and a new bond is now forming between you and him that will grow and develop; like the ever-changing seasons of life.

I wish him the very best in life!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: back to college - 08/23/04 11:49 PM

Imagine if he weren't inclined to go to college and just wondered from one meaningless job to another or worse was a pot smoking bum as so many young people are today.....
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
and when you look at it this way the cost seems so small. He is becoming a man, a productive member of society and one day you'll look back on the expense (which isn't easy) and just smile....
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: back to college - 08/23/04 11:49 PM

Imagine if he weren't inclined to go to college and just wondered from one meaningless job to another or worse was a pot smoking bum as so many young people are today.....
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
and when you look at it this way the cost seems so small. He is becoming a man, a productive member of society and one day you'll look back on the expense (which isn't easy) and just smile.... [Wink]