Speed Painting

Posted by: Edelweiss

Speed Painting - 06/27/07 06:53 AM

Wow! I just discovered this in Yahoo. Never heard of speed painting before. Check it out.

Watch to the very end !
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Speed Painting - 06/27/07 02:31 PM

I watched another one just this morning. The guy did Ray Charles. It was amazing.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Speed Painting - 06/28/07 03:37 AM

Amazing. He must good in perhaps regular watercolour painting or at least, drawing. To execute that fast and wonderful, he would have to put his mind/being in another zone/trance. I'm not kiddin'....

I TRIED taking Chinese watercolour painting -- a style, if those who have never seen it done live, where some paintings are produced within 1 hr. or so. I never finished the course because I knew I didn't have that natural brush stroke/ hand twist touch..where it takes years of practice to do 1 stroke that with perfect shading of a leaf, flower petals, birdbreast, etc.

Used to think that type of painting looked wimpy, "weak". But now, I know better. At least, one can go to gallery or be given a such gift, and truly appreciate the level of skill and practice for the artwork.

But Hannelore, I am certain you must have experienced a rare interlude where for a few min. your brush painting hand just flew...and moved on its own.
Posted by: SharonE

Re: Speed Painting - 06/28/07 09:21 AM

How cool is that! I'd love to be able to paint like that but I never got passed 'paint by numbers'
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Speed Painting - 06/28/07 12:46 PM

Even my son was impressed(He does martial arts)so many others will see Bruce Lee via him
Thank you.
Mountain ash
Posted by: CaroMcK2

Re: Speed Painting - 08/20/07 12:26 PM

Tis amazing ~ not my style ~ I am at the "waltzing" stage of life ~ LOL ~ He is great and interesting ~