STONES

Posted by: chatty lady

STONES - 07/11/10 12:03 AM

A friend and I recently went to a stone quarry site and began picking up small shiny stones about tht size of lima beans. Then we bought clear paint, and whatever shade we wanted our stones to become. Now you find a lamp that needs refacing, paint the stones and when completely dry, in usually a day or two, you glue the stones to the lamp. The lamps look brand new and the colored stones shine when the lamp is turned on. My friend takes them to a resale shop and the woman there sells them for a small fee. I redid my own two large table lamps that are 20 years old, still in great working order and now a bright new shade of stones. I am shocked how nice they look, like brand new and both redone costs me less than $20.00.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: STONES - 07/11/10 12:34 AM

What a great idea, Chatty! I'm sure there are lots of other uses, too.
Posted by: Anno

Re: STONES - 07/11/10 12:40 PM

A picture, perhaps???? Pretty Please?
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: STONES - 07/11/10 03:27 PM

As a young girl I collected sea shells and added them to lamps..even a bottle once.there is an adapter that makes a bottle into a table lamp..
nature gift us so many pretty things.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: STONES - 07/15/10 07:34 AM

These lamps sound really special. Manufactured items take on a new dimension when blended with organic forms.

Re: STONES - 07/16/10 12:39 AM

They actually did look amazing and I am still in shock because the lamps were 20 year old, and cost me $45.00 each way back them. The resort had a craft weekend where I took them for the heck of it and they sold to a woman for her new apartment at $150.00 each. She said she wanted natural made things and these were just what she had been searching for. Now I have to go buy some lamps for myself...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: STONES - 07/16/10 12:42 AM

Wow, Chatty, that's fantastic! Guess you'll be going stone-hunting again soon! smile

Re: STONES - 07/17/10 02:00 AM

I may but it was so time consuming and I got bored after awhile. I like to do crafts in a group where we all laugh and have a good time. I have been alone long enough editing manuscripts.