received any nice home made gifts?

Posted by: Dotsie

received any nice home made gifts? - 11/04/08 04:00 PM

My daughter received a really cute mirror made by one of her friends. I'm sure she got her supplies at Michael's. She framed a mirror and painted the frame black. Then she glued cute little wooden pieces to the frame and painted her name on it. She also made a real cute bow and glued that on there too. I'm sure it didn't cost much to make and it was adorable.

Any other ideas for making gifts this holiday season?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: received any nice home made gifts? - 11/04/08 04:38 PM

I made bulletin boards for all my neices and nephews one year. Kids love a personalized bulletin board. I just bought cheap, basic bulletin boards and then customized them.

I have a tad bit of artistic talent (say, maybe, 8th grade level?) and so I used magic markers to design each board. They each had the child's name on it, along with a colorful drawing/picture of what they were interested in. I remember doing one with tractors, one with a ballerina, etc. That was fun and cheap! And the kids loved having their own space to tack up their photos, artwork, etc.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: received any nice home made gifts? - 11/04/08 10:20 PM

I found a heavy, brightly colored string instead of yarn, and am making some pot holders with it. I will give these to my purple hat group od ladies. They cost me next to nothing, but are quite pretty and functional.