Thank You Chatty!

Posted by: Edelweiss

Thank You Chatty! - 06/02/08 03:13 PM

It finally arived! My beautiful Afghan, and a surprise Afgahn for Anaiya! Thank you so much Chatty. Here is a little slide show of us two cuddling in our garden swing with your soft Afghans. Anaiya already asked me if she can take hers to bed with her.

CLICK TO SEE !

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Hannelore_01/?action=view&current=6f096259.pbw
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/02/08 03:34 PM

That is SO cool!! Chatty, you are so talented and so giving!

EW, you both look so happy, thanks for sharing.

K
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/02/08 05:13 PM

Oh I love it, Edelweiss!!!! Your cuddle time looks so nice....and again, Chatty comes through!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/02/08 10:47 PM

I have to smile the biggest smile at that sweet little angels happy face, she is actually posing and so adorable, Grandma too! Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures Angelika...I hope the colors were close to what you wanted and am so grateful that custom officials didn't mess them up when searching through the box...

I looked again and noticed the words at the top of your pictures and they made me tear up. I wonder who gets more pleasure with these creations of mine, me, or the recipients? I adore being her Aunty Chatty, thank you...

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/03/08 10:04 AM

I got an email from Edelweiss early this morning at 3:12 a.m. and she stated that Anaiya, her grandbaby, took her afghan to bed with her tonight and the last words she said as she snuggled with it and fell asleep were, "my afghan." Now it doesn't get much better than that ladies...I am on cloud nine.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/03/08 02:11 PM

If my dog Kelly could speak, she'd be saying the same thing!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/03/08 03:00 PM

Chatty you are filling the world with love. Your afghans are simply beautiful. EW and granddaughter are happily enjoying your creations.

You know, my twin sister crochets ripple afghans for family members and close friends. She fills them with happy thoughts while corcheting. She has had so many tell her that they know it's filled with her love because they feel it.

So I know how you are filling the world with love, girl!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Thank You Chatty! - 06/03/08 09:45 PM

I absolutely love that slide show! Chatty, you've done such a great job on these

Edelweiss's Picture Show - 06/05/08 09:40 PM

I so enjoy sreading the love sewn into easy stitch. I can't even remember how many are out there in the world now. I have to make a list. If you have an afghan made by me, add your name to this list:

JJ
Chickadee
Dotsie (2)
Kelly Bregal
Dancer (4 so far)
Mountain Ash
Edelweiss
Baby Anaiya
Diamond
Lola (2)

Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/10/08 09:25 PM

Was going yarn shopping today until I stuck my head out the back door where the thermometer read: 104* and that was at 10:30 a.m..... So back inside I went, will go late tonight when and 'IF' it cools down some. I hate this heat!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/10/08 11:36 PM

Chatty do you have a portfolio of all the afghans and items you've made? My sister and I keep pictures of all our craft and handwork items and put them into a portfolio or photo book. It's a nice feeling to be able to look back at them for our memories of those we created them for.

Your afghans are so beautiful. You can tell from the pictures that you create them with love.

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/11/08 11:43 PM

Nope, Sandpiper, I never saved any pictures of them. the only pictures have been posted on this forum. I am such a dope but never thought it would turn into the demand it has. I was just making them for fun, now they even have me making Ponchos. I wll save pictures of all the ones I have here however, JJ is also talking about making me a slide show website or something but we have to find the time needed to talk about it. Thanks, I'm so glad you like them. I have a half dozen of really beautiful, soft, babygans packaged up for sale eventually too. Plus a red, white and green, Christmas color lapghan if anyone needs one for a gift.
Posted by: Songbird08

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/17/08 07:36 PM

Oh Chatty dear! You are a special! I admire you, friend! I love to crochet but haven't enjoyed it for a few years now! I used to crochet baby blankets and sweaters, doilies and any gift I could think about. At times, I'd come up with my own designs too!

So I know the work involved and all the love!
I never made one for me, thou! Maybe someday I'll stop and crochet again! It was so relaxing and enjoyable!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/27/08 07:14 PM

You forgot Diz! That's okay, I've been gone. She still sleeps with her pink blankie!

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 06/27/08 08:53 PM

Your right Dianne, I'm so sorry, I did forget adorable Diz. I wish you would post a picture of her here with her blankie. It is one of the prettiest ones I have made... I'm happy she still likes it.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/02/08 11:11 PM

If I can find the instructions that Hannelore gave me, I will do so! They are in my filing drawer somewhere.

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/10/08 08:54 PM

EW, you need to enter that photo from the slideshow in a contest. The one that says, and we love you! I think it's the last one where you are both wrapped in your comfy blankies.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/10/08 09:14 PM

Add Dennis' name to that list, too.

Chatty's lapghan for him arrived today. (Picture, soon) Dennis grinned big and was trying, once again, who Chatty is and why she was sending him this present.

Then I read the note she sent along.

Quote:

I make them filled with love. I love Anno, she is my sister boomer, and she loves you so much, I love you, too.

Dennis had tears in his eyes.

Thank you Chatty for having so much love in you and for your willingness to share all that love with so many of us. We love you, too.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/11/08 01:12 PM

If anyone would like to see what I wrote about Chatty on my blog, it will be posted later this afternoon.

A picture, here, today, too. Promise!

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/11/08 02:15 PM

Goodness gracious. That chatty has a heart of gold. That is amazing! Gosh I love you gals!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/11/08 07:59 PM

Chatty you are such a good soul. What a sweet thing to do and write. I can just imagine how touched Dennis is.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 07/16/08 12:38 AM

I just had to take another peek atyour afghams...they're so beautiful. You do an awesome job!!!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/16/08 04:02 PM

Chatty, I was thinking today as I was making a candy corn wreath...wouldn't it be nice to make an afghan with those 3 colours. Very Fall like. It would even make a great Halloween costume for a little kid. Love the avatar.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/16/08 04:47 PM

How do you make a candy corn wreath? Pictures?

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/16/08 08:46 PM

Oh yes Chick, those colors would make an exciting and beautiful afghan. I made one with similar colors just recently for Dancing Dolphin, she said she will post it here when time allows. The candy corn wreaths sound scrumptous...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/19/08 02:14 PM

Not quite finished yet, needs more sticks...I just gather them from the yard and recycle them. The first thing I should have done was duct tape my mouth.

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/19/08 05:32 PM

Okay, I'll try to post Chatty's "fall candy corn" afghan here. (My first time posting a pic in the new forum)

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/19/08 09:27 PM

Either chick needs to give her wreaths to DD, or DD needs to give her afghan to chick!

Or maybe chick needs to order a matching afghan from chatty...

chick, the wreaths are precious. Do you put them outside? I once caught a squirrel on our door nibbling the apple on our wreath. I'm sure they'd go for the candy.

Re: Edelweiss Picture Show - 09/19/08 10:56 PM

Well all I can say is it would be fun to sit under the afghan nibbling the candy corn, shooo away little squirrel, these candxies are all mine!

Candy Corn Wreaths - 09/19/08 11:02 PM

Those wreaths look so neat and I bet they take a lot of time to create and patience too. Do you sell them or use them just at your house? YOu have to admit, trhey do go good with that color aqfghan. Funny story it started out to be a scarf for dancer but didn't quite make it. Not a round afghan now but a rectangular one. Looks great! Perfect color scheme for Dolphins new home decor too.