ideas for college care packages?

Posted by: Dotsie

ideas for college care packages? - 08/20/03 08:54 PM

I am counting on my friends to do my thinking for me... so I am looking for ideas of little, light-weight items to send my son during his first couple months of college. Any ideas please?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 08/20/03 09:44 PM

How bout these for starters?

* small packs of tissue (General Dollar Store)
* small box of different colored gem clips
* small highlighter (2 inch. size)
* roll of lifesavers (with note, call Mom for
all life saving needs
* small standup calendar (banks, insurance
companies give them for free)
* Book of stamps (to write home)
* prepaid calling card

Right off the top of my head, this is all I can think of...if I come up with anything else, I'll post.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 08/21/03 06:22 PM

JJ, I especially like the life savers idea. Thanks for responding. Will let you know what goes in the package.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 08/25/03 07:19 AM

Hi,
We are getting ready to take our son over to college today. At first he didn't want us to go
so we were ready to take pictures of the car and send him off. This morning he came in and told us we could come. He wants help unpacking his stuff.
He and I are kind of joined at the hip so I have been trying to do little break aways this summer.
He also wants his pickup so we will drive it and change cars. He is doing xcountry so they go a week early. We still have to meet him on Friday for their parents orientation.
Dotsie, your reunion sounds wonderful! I love those and take pictures and write down some of the history that the elder relatives tell me.
Must go,
Maggie
Posted by: gardenbloomer

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 09/10/03 10:05 PM

What about chocolate chip cookies? I'm sure you already thought of thast Dots.
Posted by: Seth

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 09/12/03 07:42 AM

My son likes those rice krispie treats that you make with syrup and peanut butter and put chocolate on, but you might want to wait till it's a bit cooler to send something with chocolate.
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: ideas for college care packages? - 09/11/03 09:01 PM

Some cool things my mom would send me were pictures from the kids she babysat. She would also send me clippings form the local newspaper if it had to do with someone I went to school with or a tecaher or something. It was always nice to get something like that.

Easy packable things would be microwave popcorn, cup a' soup, and those Ramen noodles. I went somewhere where we took a lot of public transportation, so my mom would also send me change for bus and metro fare.