Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad

Posted by: Songbird

Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/10/06 06:42 PM

Jill Carroll, 28, was kidnapped over the weekend. Her translator, killed. She works for the Christian Science Monitor. Let's pray for her safety!
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/11/06 08:18 AM

I already am. Songbird. Let's hope the news is good.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/11/06 08:56 AM

Praying...for her safe return.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/11/06 01:35 AM

I am here praying too, Songbird.
chick
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/11/06 03:18 AM

Being a captive of these heterodox terrorists is bad enough but being a woman captive has be the worst thing on this earth. Pray hard for her safe return in one piece and untouched by these cowardly pigs... [Mad]
Posted by: Searcher

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/11/06 07:33 AM

Chatty,

what does heterodox mean? sounds as bad as they are tho'....
(let's see if latin 101 helps me - hetero = contrary to [sort of], dox or prob. doxy meaning opinion or doctrine ) anywhere close? So...contrary opinion doesn't seem to cover this...

In any case, I agree that we should pray for her in any way possible and hope she comes home safely....these journalists are all risking their lives being there!!!! How many of us would be willing to do the same?

Search

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/15/06 01:57 AM

HETERODOX (adj.) means; Holding unorthodox opinions......and we would all have to agree that terrorists fit that bill completely.Has anyone heard anymore about her? I haven't heard a word, poor thing must be terrified.

[ January 14, 2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/15/06 02:33 AM

Haven't heard anything else, Chatty.
Louisa

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/16/06 05:10 AM

I find it very odd that this story has just seemed to disappear from the news. What the heck is going on and why is no one wanting to know more of this girls dilema??? Maybe because she only works for The Christian Science Monitor? I bet if she wrote for The Post or another newspaper or magazine it would be all over the news.

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/17/06 02:34 AM

Jill Carroll is her name and she is a mere 28 nyears young. I hpe you are all praying for this girl for no one knows the hell she may be facing by her captives. I hate that word 'captive', yes HATE it and what it stands for.....
Posted by: norma

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/17/06 03:33 AM

Chatty, the 'Christian Science Monitor', as you know is probably the most respected, balanced and indepth reporting newspaper of the english speaking world.. If the reporter is still safe, it will be because of the Monitor's reputation for trustworthiness.

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/17/06 03:40 AM

Lord I certainly hope so. I am just disturbed because I can't even find out anything from my Washington contacts. Thats scary....

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/24/06 06:43 PM

I do hope she is still alive! The 72 hour deadline her captors gave is passed and the release of some women prisoners by US , they said, had nothing to do with Jill's kidnapping! Scary! I continue to pray for her safety!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 01/24/06 07:56 PM

This is a story I have a hard time wataching.

Can you imagine being her mother and seeing her in that situation? It breaks my heart. Knowing about it is one thing, seeing it is quite another.

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/30/06 05:06 PM

Jill Carroll is finaly released! Amen!!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/31/06 08:05 AM

Praise the Lord! An answer to many prayers.

Sherri
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/31/06 08:42 AM

Amen! I was so happy to hear the news this morning...also, the lone survivor of the mine disaster went home today! God is SO good.
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/30/06 11:50 PM

I saw the wonderful news this morning and am rejoicing with the parents. She said they treated her respectfully. I'm so glad to hear she is alive.

God is good.

Now I want to hear about the Christian convert that the clerics said would be released to the people to tear into pieces while he was still alive.

They showed his picture on the news. He looked so frightened. God protect him.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/31/06 03:37 AM

I hadn't heard this yet. This is so amazing. Such great news.
Posted by: norma

Re: Young reporter kidnapped in Baghdad - 03/31/06 06:00 AM

and according to the news reports she was also not pysically abused while being held hostage and so that too is a relief

#5,you asked about the man charged with 'leaving islam' and therefore facing execution in afghanistan ... apparently the charges are dropped and italy has offered him asylum .....
seems like the out cry from all parts of the world at this law of barbarity (which is sanctioned in the koran) finally struck a chord with some ......