2004 World Series

Posted by: Songbird

2004 World Series - 10/28/04 06:58 AM

Well girls, I'm no sports fan, but I've got to say this:

I've been working and not watching the games, but I celebrate each night when my son tells me they've won again... [Smile]

The Red Sox are world champions tonight and I am so happy for them! [Cool]

It's interesting... my youngest son got his first car registered today and bought RED SOX plates [Smile] . I guess he picked the RIGHT DAY to do this, huh [Big Grin] !
Posted by: Ellie

Re: 2004 World Series - 10/28/04 04:40 PM

the curse is over!! My brother and his family live in Boston so I am so happy for them and the whole team - the definatley deserved it!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 2004 World Series - 10/28/04 05:41 PM

I've seen bits a nd poeces of every game. I'm so happy for that team, and the town too!

Has another team ever won 8 games in a row to win The World Series?

Ross and I went to the last Oriole's game in Baltimoe when they played the Red Sox. We had awesome seats right behind their dugout and could see the faces and HAIR of all their players. The definitely have the best hairdos! Quite an assortment! [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: 2004 World Series - 10/28/04 06:45 PM

Songbird,
I will be in Providence RI next week, also Martha's Vineyard, and Cape Cod. Boston too. My oldest son wants a Red Sox cap and his wife wants a T-shirt.

I'll be on a mini-vacation and probably end up spending all my moola on gifts...go figure! ha!

JJ
Posted by: Songbird

Re: 2004 World Series - 10/28/04 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Has another team ever won 8 games in a row to win The World Series?

I'm not 100 % sure what the answer to this one is [Confused] , but I've heard commenting that this is a first.

Ellie: Your relatives must be thrilled, to say the least [Big Grin] !

JJ- You're coming this way?? Good for you, girl! I very much wish you enjoy your visit! Wouldn't it be nice if you could be in Boston on saturday for the "Rolling Rally" celebration for the champions [Wink] ?