What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 10/25/18 06:46 PM

There is so much negativity in the world, these days. Perhaps we need to discuss whether BWS can become a place we go to find good news? Thoughts?
Posted by: jabber

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 10/29/18 11:25 PM

That sounds like a great idea. I love hearing good news. I love up-lifting stuff. Happy stuff. Fun stuff. Music. Paintings. Animals are always a happy subject. Great idea.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 01/05/19 03:34 PM

What's everybody's favorite animal and why.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 01/07/19 11:43 PM

I like big dogs. No small (teacup) dogs, please. They're smart and receptive. discerning and lovable.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 01/11/19 12:20 AM

I'm not into yapping, tiny dogs, either. Cats are okay as long as they're not mine. Love farms and farm animals, i,e.: horses, donkeys, cows, chickens, heifers, calves, etc.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 01/16/19 08:40 PM

I'm not too much into farm animals.

When I was about 5, I was a flower girl for my uncle's wedding. His bride lived on a farm, so after the rehearsal, we went to her parent's farm for the rehearsal dinner.

There, I learned that the beef we were eating for our meal had a name - Bossy, Bessie, I don't recall anymore. But that was it: I couldn't eat any more once I found out they butchered and ate their own stock.

Since then, I make sure not to make any personal connection to my food!!!

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 02/06/19 04:19 PM

My dad had a herd of several hundred Holsteins. He never butchered an animal. He'd buy animals from area farmers. And we'd show cattle at the County Fair; always getting blue first-prize ribbons and Grand Championship awards. All of daddy's cows had huge names, like: Raymil Dorothy Carnation. They all were registered with the Holstein Friesian Association of America. I don't eat many types of meat; can't eat lamb or veal. Eat very little beef and pork. Don't eat venison. Love the farm. Love all types of animals.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 02/16/19 11:32 PM

You should talk about the wall along the USA southern border. That should spark some chatter.

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 02/18/19 10:42 PM

I don't want to talk about the wall. That is not good news. Just something else to divide us.

Let's talk about something that is upbeat and pleasant.

Or alternatively, let's talk about an issue related to our being Baby Boomer Women. I see that TIME magazine, for example, has a current article about what they call a growing American crisis: Wo Will Care for the Baby Boomers?

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 02/18/19 10:51 PM

Here's another exciting topic we could discuss. I've just read that there is a new "trojan horse" cancer drug that is successfully treating patients with 6 different types of lethal tumors. Here's a link to the article I found: New Trojan Horse Cancer Drug

That's pretty exciting, IMHO!!!

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 03/30/19 03:14 PM

My adoptive brother has had six different kinds of cancer. His latest is with bladder cancer. Doctors think they removed all of it. But anything that could cancel out cancer of all kinds, is truly good news!

Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? - 04/29/19 10:53 PM

I don't know Anne. Who'll care for the baby boomers sounds pretty depressing to me. I'm not into thinking about sickness and death.
"Live in the present and enjoy each moment," is my own personal mindset!!!!