Elizabeth Edwards...

Posted by: yonuh

Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/07/10 10:12 PM

...died today.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/08/10 02:13 PM

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," she wrote. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

"In her life, Elizabeth Edwards knew tragedy and pain," President Barack Obama said in a statement. "Many others would have turned inward; many others in the face of such adversity would have given up. But through all that she endured, Elizabeth revealed a kind of fortitude and grace that will long remain a source of inspiration."

May we find some peace and hope in her memory and these quotes to her resilience.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/08/10 03:28 PM

Elizabeth Edwards was and is an inspiration. The beauty of her
soul shined brightly through the windows of her eyes! Her strength and grace were prime examples of Godly stature. IMO!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/08/10 04:11 PM

She did not want to define her life by her tragedies -- her battle was to live a great life. Brave woman. Hope I can find the strength to emulate her spirit.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/08/10 06:39 PM

Thanks for starting a thread about Elizabeth Edwards here.

Of course I never knew her, but like all of you who have written about her here, she was a woman whose spirit resonated with me, and I was so saddened to hear of her death.

The world will miss her!

Rest in peace, Elizabeth!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/09/10 09:39 AM

So very sad and seems unfair she had to have Cancer and be married to a slimeball cheater too.

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/09/10 04:59 PM

She kept him close; it seems she must've still loved him.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/09/10 07:23 PM

I just read that Fred Phelps is planning on demonstrating at her funeral - I guess harassing soldiers' families isn't enough.

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/09/10 07:31 PM

That's sad. I'd like to think her funeral could be free of protesters.

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/10/10 02:22 PM

Just think if those protesters put all that energy to good use,
what a positive contribution they could make to society!

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/10/10 07:18 PM

"Right on!" as we used to say back in my college days...

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/10/10 08:20 PM

Whenever I see people doin' "sit-in" or "sit-outs" or "Protestin'
this 'n that"; whenever I think of the Taleban or other terrorists, I think if only they turned that around for good, to
help someone enjoy their life, it'd be such a blessing as opposed
to the evildoin' they're doin'! I'll git off the soapbox now; but it is what I think. And I'll bet that's what you're thinkin' too!

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/11/10 02:38 PM

Elizabeth Edwards was so pretty!
Posted by: 1prohealthy

Re: Elizabeth Edwards... - 12/22/10 12:21 AM

This woman had a lot of courage. I didn't realize that she was in the latest stages of her illness. We have got to continue to find a way for earlier detection. I have friends who are battling with this disease right now. Rest in peace, Mrs. Edwards.

The Healthiest Meal Of The Day
100 Doctors Don't Lie!
http://www.prohealthycoach.com