Worth reading, this is scary....

Posted by: Whirlwind

Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/09/10 12:51 AM

Get ready to make some phone calls and write some letters. It is amazing what they are trying to sneak by us.

http://blog.friendseat.com/rosa-delauro-hates-small-farms1/
Posted by: Di

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/09/10 01:40 AM

Oh my. This is insane!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/09/10 01:54 AM

Where is it going to end? This is crazy!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/09/10 02:18 AM

Please read:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.asp
Posted by: Anno

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/09/10 01:10 PM

It does say this is mostly false information.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 12:14 AM

This is NO JOKE, we are unfortunately being governed by a faciast communist Pig, and he wants to do as all dictators do...Govern by fear, by force.

Once a DICTATOR controls the firearms, so we can't defend ourselves, the food, so we need to go to him in lines for sustanance, and the economy, so we have no way of running elsewhere, then we are being DICTATED to and all is lost. Some of you may not like this comment but if we don't vote O'Bama and his hoods/Czars out in November we are going to get more of his same third world kind of government. I am reading so much of what is coming out that they are sneaking in onto other more nicer seeming bills and once past, BAM!!!

This man is a silver tongued Devil and he has yet to show anyone a birth certificate or any transcripts from his so called scholarly college days, it seems they somehow disappeared mysteriously. I don't even care about that because it's what he is doing now to destroy our country that sickens and scares the hell out of me. I keep saying for you to PAY ATTENTION and not just accept whatever this government tells us.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 01:49 AM

Whoa, Chatty, hold your horses girl. This info that was posted was reviewed by Snopes and is mostly FALSE. This is how rumours start and people get ticked about things that aren't even true.

I don't know what you're reading, but "this man" has had his birth certificate scrutinized by the press and others many times when they were trying to knock him down as he was running for president.

I agree that we shouldn't just accept things at face value, but we must temper that with a little common sense as well. There are too many emails flying around that try to stir things up with false statements.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 06:51 AM

Chatty, you have mixed up names, right? You were talking about Bush's regime, right? Of course you were. Oh no, wait,...Bush wanted everyone to have fire arms...sort of like his war principle...let the strongest one win; of course with the exception of his medical plan; ...that's about,...let the weak ones die.

It saddens me to think, chatty, that you are a victim of lies and distorted truths. Try reading Obama supporter views, so that you will see the other side; - then form your own opinion.

Oh, and I live in a country where weapons are banned. Our crime rate is low, and I am never afraid to walk the streets at night. I live in a country with social medicine; every individual gets the best medical care; money or no money.

I certainly don't live under a communist regime, and as for freedom of speech, well you should read our papers. The big difference; people aren't being brain washed by outragious lies. And like Dolphin said, people use their common sense, and don’t take everything they read as face value.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 01:00 PM

I am so glad I don't moderate these forums any more. Sorry...just saying...
Posted by: Anno

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 01:18 PM

Chatty, I love you, but please.....

Go back to the Snopes article and read all the way to the bottom. They are good at summarizing the actual meaning of the proposal. The blog that whirlwind posted also contained some false information - but it is a blog, not always a good source of information.

As residents of this country, we need to be completely informed, and look at all perspectives. As much as it pained me to listen to Bush, I did. And I learned that he wasn't all bad. Just like Obama, he had good points, and I learned that I could agree with some of what he said.

I understand, Dotsie...
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Worth reading, this is scary.... - 07/10/10 02:10 PM

Whoa...this smacks of political views which always results in sister against sister, yet what I believe I'm seeing in this case, sister's helping one another and that's what this forum is all about. So I thank all for your inputs.

However...We all have various views on each president that comes along, don't we? So like Obama, some Bush. Some none of the above. That's why we vote. We are Americans, we have that freedom, thank goodness. We don't have to agree, but lets keep out the strong language as it serves no one.

Political views and debates have never worked here because we are as diverse as the political parties themselves. And...opinions/views are like boobs, we all have um...some bigger than others...sigh.

Let's let this one go, shall we? The reason I'm saying this is that I would hate to see this escalate into Demos vs Rep and words exchange that are like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. You can't do it.

Girls, check your sources if you can before you post. It might save some time and some toothpaste stuffing.

A big thank you to the person who checked SNOPES. It's a valuable source.

Let's this be the end of this potentially harmful discussion. Shall we? And as Dotsie has always said...let's move onward with grace and the sisters we have become.

Yes, I monitor these forums and do so because I love each and every one of you.