HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Posted by: Lola

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/04/08 11:28 AM

Posted by: Dotsie

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/04/08 11:48 AM

Thanks for thinking of us Lola.

Anyone doing anything special?

It's raining here and we have family coming to go to the parade that begins at 10:30. I can't recall it ever raining on our parade! Then they're hanging around for a little cook-out. We also have four tickets to the Oriole game that begins at 4:00, but I think it's still going to be raining. They're calling for it for the next few days. We need it so I can't complain.

Anyone us grilling or seeing fireworks? Hmmm, they may be cancelled...
Posted by: humlan

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/04/08 01:52 PM

Happy 4th of July!!! To one and all!!! From Sweden! Wish I was there with you all!

We, on the other hand have the BOSS himself..Bruce Springsteen, here in Gothenburg, doing a concert this evening and tomorrow evening. My kids are all down there to attend them both!!! What an honor that he is with us here. But he likes doing concerts for "us "Swedes..or so it is said!!!

HUUUGS to you all!
Posted by: Sadie

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/04/08 03:31 PM

Hello Dotsie ,

We were thinking of going to the parade , but decided not to this year . Too tired after being away last weekend to the family reunion his , not mind . Not going to the fireworks , but did order some Crabs from "Gibby's " about a dozen . Will eat those tonight . Crabs are expensive this year . It will only be the two of us , daughter having friends over . Have a wonderful safe 4th of July everyone

Have some garden work to do .

Renee
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/04/08 04:54 PM

Happy 4th of July to all of my neighbours to the south! I wish all a safe - and thoughtful - day, as we celebrate with you the great freedom we have to gather and celebrate with great freedom!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/05/08 06:43 AM

Well we had a quiet 4th. My hubby was on the road coming home, my sister, daughter and I stayed home for most of the day.

We did, however, take advantage of the sale at Joann's today. Enjoyed ourselves though and watched the musical 1776 on TV as well as the specials around the country.

I hope all had a great day.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/05/08 09:16 AM

Had a wonderful time today and was thinking of all my cyber sisters. I simply had to stop in before retiring for the night to say HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY...
Posted by: jabber

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/05/08 03:33 PM

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July. Our neighbors always do fireworks; so, we stay home and watch pretty colors light up the sky, outside our windows. Hubby and I went geocaching 4, 4 hours in the morning. We had a swim and a quiet picnic. Happy 4th weekend 2 ALL THE BOOMERS & their FAMILIES!!!!
Posted by: Dee

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 01:47 AM

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th. We are the luckiest country in the world!!!
Larry's been on vacation and because gas is so expensive we've been taking little day trips close-to-home. For those of you who are not familiar with Bellingrath Garden southwest of Mobile, Alabama, they're beautiful. The ground belong to the family Bellingrath who brought an English gardener to help with their garden...(poor guy must have wilted in the humidity). The gardens draw people from all over the world. Yesterday, we did a nature hike through Blakeley State Park...it butts up against the Tensaw river...really pretty. I wanted to share some photos with you of our little jaunts. Enjoy!

Bellingrath gardens...

off Dauphin Island...the oil rigs are awesome to see...

A cute tiny mushroom growing on the forest floor in the state park...not sure what type but it was there so I took a photo...

FOR YOU JJ...the hunk sends his love...
Posted by: Lola

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 08:18 AM

Dee, the photos are fab. That spot by the fountain looks so calm. The hunk is out of his pajamas! Geesh...if I could catcall men, I'd have whistled at Larry's legs. Tweet-tweet.

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 01:06 PM

Oh no, the queen is off galavanting in Alaska. If she only knew what she was missing, I bet she would have stayed home!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 01:13 PM

Yes, the hunk does have nice legs doesn't he, Lola? My Hubby's legs don't have any more hair on them. Wierd. I have to shave, and wish I had his legs!

Dee, beautiful photography! I think the digital camera is the best invention next to the computer ever! I have become a camera nut, and usually take way too many pictures. I love the park scene. What a beautiful tree.

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 05:04 PM

EW, is the hair gone on the bottoms of his legs only? Does he wear long dress socks for work? I've noticed that's why some guys don't have hair on the bottom of their legs.

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 05:26 PM

The hunks blushing.. He does have nice legs...he thinks they're too skinny.

Edelweiss...I LOVE the digital camera...think how much we save in developing film these days? Pays for the cost of a camera...LOL

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 05:28 PM

Nice pictures. That hunk is a cutie!

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 05:30 PM

We took this a couple of days ago with his mom and her boyfriend, Jim. Jim's practially blind, bless his heart, but he's got a spirit that never ends.

Posted by: chatty lady

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 06:46 PM

Glorious photos Dee...with beautiful scenery like that so close to home, why spend money on gas to go anywhere else?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 10:14 PM

Dee, Should I ever be near Mobile again, I'll be certain to visit Bellingrath. Your pictures are lovely, and the name "Bellingrath", too! I'm intrigued and provide the following link:

http://www.bellingrath.org/home/

Good idea to vacation near home -- put the money in America and learn her history!
Posted by: Lavinia

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/06/08 11:11 PM

Dang. Guess I could have posted here. Oh well. We had a wonderful and low-key 4th of July. Went over to the park, where there are all kinds of booths. The only thing I bought was a bubble gum flavored Hawaiian Shave Ice...YUM! I love that. But must they put so much blue food coloring in it? I brushed my teeth before I went...really I did.

Oh and my Dad had an awesome experience, but I talked about that in another thread. It's on my blog. Anyway-later we had millionaire pie and didn't bother going to the fireworks. Didn't feel like fighting the crowds. It was a beautiful, peaceful day and night. ~Karen
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/07/08 06:54 AM

Dee, what a beautiful photo. The love comes right through.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/07/08 07:54 AM

Dee
lovely pictures and I so appreciate seeing them.
Mountain ash

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/07/08 11:27 PM

Thank ya'll...it's really beautiful around these parts. Mustang...thanks for the Bellingrath link...I hope you get to visit one day...it's not that big but wow...the colors are awesome.

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/10/08 03:03 PM

Lavinia,
Your dad made 1 handsome soldier! WOW!!!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - 07/10/08 03:18 PM

Dee, I finally had a chance today to see your photos....so nice! I love the south for its charm (and lack of snow!) Miss you, friend....great pics!