Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va

Posted by: jabber

Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va - 09/13/18 11:04 PM

The next days and hours are crucial to all those in the path of hurricane Florence. Let's pray for the people staying behind and those putting themselves in harms way to help others.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va - 09/14/18 09:43 PM

I think a ton of people are praying, Jabber! I was so pleased to hear this morning that the storm has been downgraded to a Category 1. BUT still, I believe there are at least 3 people dead as of this afternoon - and the storm is probably going to stall out - which may mean it drops as much as 30 inches of rain. Good Lord!!

Have you seen that video the Weather Channel put out showing what impact the storm surge will have? I thought it was a powerful graphic and hoped that it would convince some of the people who were choosing to stay put to change their minds...

Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va - 09/14/18 10:46 PM

My son lives near Charleston and his wife decided not to evacuate. Last I knew, they still have power. So we'll see.

Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va - 09/17/18 02:11 PM

By the by, my DIL said they got a lot of wind but still had power through it all. Now they're in Goose Creek, north of Charleston, South Carolina. She figured things would be getting back to normal today.