Help with Cookie recipes

Posted by: dancer9

Help with Cookie recipes - 11/21/08 07:47 PM

Hi All!
It's not like I was able to spend a lot of my career in the kitchen so I'm afraid I have no recipes for cookies other than what I can google.

Does anyone have favorite recipes for cookies they can share with me?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Dancer
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/22/08 12:43 AM

Dancer if you click onto Favorite Recipes and scroll back through the countless recipes already there I personally have posted many cookie recipes. Others have as well. Good hunting!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/22/08 02:34 PM

Great idea chatty.

dancer, I'm a baker from way back when. What kind of cookie are you looking ofor?
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/22/08 04:05 PM

Dancer you can also go to www.foodnetwork.com and sign up for their twelve days of Christmas Cookies. They are great. There is also a place to see the stars of food networks favorite cookie receipes.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/22/08 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone.
I'm looking for a bar cookie, Dotsie, with nuts, peanut butter and of course, chocolate. I know how to make a cookie with the chips and such but I'd like to make a cookie lasagne!

Also, I'm looking for a Rocky Road cookie recipe.

I've googled a bit but I come up with recipes that are simple and if you want more detail, they charge.

If anyone happens to have made these types of cookies, I'd appreciate the help and when I have a bit more time, I'll do a search.

Best,
Dancer
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 01:39 AM

dancer, I happen to think if you would like to go this site www.cooks.com and type in bar cookie at the top in their search engine, or peanut butter, or any of the other ingredients you desire, I just bet you will find tons of recipes for them. I love this site and use them quite frequently when I want to try something different. Hope this helps!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 02:48 AM

All Recipes (www.allrecipes.com) is my favourite place (besides here at BWS) to check for new recipes. One of my favourite things about this site (don't know about others) is that you can change the number of servings and then the recipe automatically changes the quantities of ingredients. Plus I like to read everyone's comments and/or suggestions on how to tweak the recipes. So far, anytime I've tried a recipe that has been popular with lots of other viewers, I've had great success. So that's another place to try...once you get to the site, just type in something like "peanut butter cookie bar" and you should get some good results.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 01:01 PM

I love that one too, Eagle...and I'm with you...the write ups after the recipe sometimes encourage me to try a recipe. That's where I got a simple, simple, did I mention it was simple?, recipe for beer bread.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 01:44 PM

The last recipe I tried (that was way back before our trip) was called "Sticky Monkey Brains"...terrible name, but oh, beyond scrumptious! It was way too delicious. We found out too late that it's one of those things that needs to be eaten fresh, because after a couple of days, it became too sickly sweet to eat. But oh, the first few hours after they came out of the oven tasted like pure bliss. It would be a great dessert for when you have a lot of people over, or like today in Canada, GREY CUP day (football, football and more football!) We have our granddaughter's piano recital this afternoon, but I daresay that the moment we get back in the house that TV will be on the game. But alas, no monkey brains.

Here's the link for that one:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sticky-Monkey-Brains/Detail.aspx

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 01:47 PM

Ewww...what a name. Just use the recipe and rename it.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 01:56 PM

That's what I did, couldn't have eaten it by its original name. So I cut-and-pasted it into Word and renamed it Easy Sticky Cinnamon Buns.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 06:40 PM

Thank you, Jaw Jaw, and EagleHeart! I will go directly!

Dancer

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/23/08 08:01 PM

Okay, ladies, I tried a basic peanut butter cookie to get my chops up to par. They turned out peachy but the elderly gentleman I was making them for will get scarce few because my husband got hold of a plate.
I am a success.
NOW ~ I am ready to bite off more of a complex cookie project.

You see, I have a good, good friend who is 88 years old. He volunteers at the hospital I am in. He is quick witted, light on his feet and likes to watch old movies with me.

He also loves cookies so I am learning on his behalf to make him cookies since he allows himself very little funds and gives the rest to his daughter although she lives in a wealthy neighborhood and does not need his money. He gets 100.00 a MONTH, by choice and she does grocery shopping with him as well, once a month. I don't think he gets enough to eat so I have him over for dinner twice a month.

I will be a cookie pro before long and thanks to those of you who bake!

I thank you and my friend Bob thanks you!

Dancer

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/24/08 01:14 PM

Dancer, it's fun trying these sorts of recipes, mainly because if you read the reviews, you get a good idea of whether or not it will suit your taste. I'm going to try this one tomorrow:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Soft-Gingersnaps/Detail.aspx

It's not fancy or complicated, but my hubby LOVES chewy gingersnaps - he doesn't know I'm making these so it will be a welcome surprise. I'll probably make enough to send a plateful next door to our neighbours. Your friend Bob would probably love these ones too, older people seem to love molasses/ginger cookies. It seems to take them back to their childhood days.

Re: Help with Cookie recipes - 11/25/08 04:32 PM

I just finished baking those gingersnaps (recipe in previous post). They're so good! Reminds me of old-fashioned pumpkin pie. I ended up with over 80 cookies, enough to send some to the next-door neighbour and the older couple three doors down - and still have lots left for us. I've already eaten about 7 of them (I won't need lunch now!) They're irresistable.

Dancer, I don't know Bob but I'm sure he'd love these ones too.