Prize winning-Pumpkin Cheesecake

Posted by: chatty lady

Prize winning-Pumpkin Cheesecake - 10/10/08 10:32 PM

I won first prize with this recipe at the State Fair several years ago...

Ginger-Crusted Pumpkin Cheesecake

12 whole low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into pieces
3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can (15 oz.) solid-packed pumpkin
2 packages, (8 oz. each,) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 package (8 oz.)reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup egg-substitute
1/2 cup nonfat evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamom
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or regular salt)
2 cups thawed frozen reduced-fat whipped topping
(Additional ground nutmeg is optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat 9 inch springform baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside

2. Place graham crackers, margarine and ginger in food processor or blender; pulse until coarse in texture. Gently press crumb into bottom and 3/4 inches up sides of pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool slightly on wire rack.

3. Beat remaining ingredients,(except whipped topping, and additional nutmeg) in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth; pour into pie crust. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top begins to crack and center moves very little when pan is shaken back and forth. Cool on wire rack to room temperature; refrigerate until ready to serve.

4. Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping on each serving; sprinkle slightly with additional nutmeg.

The judges at the fair said this looked as good as it smelled, and tasted.

Makes 16 servings
Calories 187 each piece
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Prize winning-Pumpkin Cheesecake - 10/11/08 01:52 AM

Chatty, you won FIRST PRIZE as in BLUE Ribbon? That's something to celebrate at a state fair. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to copy this.

Re: Prize winning-Pumpkin Cheesecake - 10/11/08 02:12 AM

First Prize blue ribbon plus title of BEST BAKER for one year, until someone beat me the following year. I didn't enter the following year, was on vacation in Colorado.

Great treat to serve your family and/or guests for Halloween and/or Thanksgiving.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Prize winning-Pumpkin Cheesecake - 10/11/08 02:14 AM

You of many talents!

Blue Ribbon Cheesecake - 10/11/08 08:51 AM

Well at my age, I have had plenty of time to excel in many things...I am an old fart you know. LOL!
Posted by: AdornmentsMilani

Re: Blue Ribbon Cheesecake - 11/05/08 08:40 AM

Chatty, what brand of pumpkin do you recommend? Libbys?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Blue Ribbon Cheesecake - 11/05/08 03:27 PM

I can't believe it's only 187 calories a slice. I'm printing it and if my sister doesn't make her cheesecake for Thanksgiving, I'm making this one. The ingredients sound luscious.

Re: Blue Ribbon Cheesecake - 11/06/08 09:53 PM

AdornmentsMilani,
No particular brand, just whatever the store I am shopping in carrys. But be sure it is 15oz. of solid-pack pumpkin, otherwise it will become runny...

Dots this is so delicious, and besides 187 calories, it is only 6 grams of fat, 23 carbs... It will be a recipe in for the Diabetic cookbook I'm working on...