it's all happening now

Posted by: celtic_flame

it's all happening now - 03/03/07 01:36 PM

well my wee one started lunchies at school...good thing someone else wresting with him to eat more veg.

Another good thing he praying and blessing himself....Its grace food then more prayers. Its the start of his formal school based religious instruction.

So in for a pennie in for a pound if he gonna be instructed then i gonna particapate fullie.

including sunday routine of service etc. trying to find good one in area.

So ladies can you recomend a good modern day illistrated or communicated childrens based book on the bible ....or anything else that might be usefull to him? I am way out of date with this type of thing....

celtic
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: it's all happening now - 03/03/07 06:26 PM

How old is he Celtic?
Posted by: Anno

Re: it's all happening now - 03/03/07 07:19 PM

He is three, that sweet, dear grandson of mine!

Re: it's all happening now - 03/03/07 08:36 PM

My 6 yr old grandson likes the Max Lucado Bible for kids. Its brightly illustrated and has games and stuff in it. There is a children's Bible for tots that looks like a comic book. I haven't bought one of those in years though.

Re: it's all happening now - 03/04/07 11:13 PM

thanks Anno for filling in that info...i aint been about much this weekend.
You know his experinces anno but for the rest of the ladies his spiritual expernces is or has been so far prayers at bed...
Their several places of diffrent donominasions around wear we live, methodist, prestperterian, catholic....REV Ian Paislie, church, half mile away ...and no we aint going their..lol yea he the famouse one lol.
Unfortunitly this countrie only has christion churches and one spiritualist, the spirtualist dosent have any litriture for kids....
If their anything more wide spread or diffrent from christion that has good loving moral stories for kids then feel free to refrance it...
However ultimatly he will be going to christion school (as their no other choice in NL)and since it's my background i don't have to compleatly learn a new religion.

thanks for the refrance NL do you know the name of the kiddie one thats like a comic book....The one for 6 year old with games and illistrasions sounds good...

How or what did you start your kids on...?
celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/06/07 06:26 AM

The Children's Bible by Golden & Children's Illustrated Bible by Newman & Codd, maybe, I don't remember...getting a little short on memory..lol

Veggie Tales are supurb for teaching morals without overwhelming the little ones with too much religion. Also, the Psalty series of videos and cd's are great teaching tools.

Also, not religious but great Children's Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett.

I'm so glad we have our mutual love for our children in common, Celtic. Thank you for allowing me to make some suggestions. Hope you like some of them.
Posted by: Anno

Re: it's all happening now - 03/06/07 03:50 PM

Celtic and New Leaf

Veggie Tales are great. Kids seem to be able to relate to them so well.
Posted by: gims

Re: it's all happening now - 03/06/07 07:01 PM

My daughter won a Bible in comic book form - bound like a Bible, but had comic strip formatting of the scripture stories - when she was seven. It was a clever way to present the Bible stories for that age.
We bought the girls Bible stories that came with a book on tape so they could read along with it.

Re: it's all happening now - 03/06/07 11:50 PM

thanks all for your suggestions...now i can go looking and i got some personal experience as to whats good for the wee man

two of you mentioned veggie tales, what is that about?

Children's Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett, this sounds cool directly or indirectly religouse is cool as the virtues or morals are so important to gently introduce him too. He's at such an impresionable age and its good to be mindfull that what he learnes and interprites at this stage will underpinn a lot of the rest of his life.....scarie big responcibilite eh!
You ladies faced it and may still be doing so with grandkids lol and we get through it hopefullie makin a good man who got respect for himself and respect for others. He so preciouse to me, as all mums feel for their kids...so all good eh!

celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/07/07 07:08 AM

Celtic, heres a Veggie Tale link. http://www.bigidea.com/

I hope it works. Veggie Tales are cartoon characters (all vegetables) who have great adventures together. I have to admit, I love to watch them myself...

Re: it's all happening now - 03/09/07 03:00 AM

yea the link worked. thanks for thaking the time and effort in doing this. I appriate it

celtic
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: it's all happening now - 03/09/07 01:44 PM

Yes, Veggie Tales are also huge around here too. Watch out, you'll be singing along with them before you know it.

This is not a Christian book but it's one of my favorite books for kids. I especially llove it since two of our children are adopted from Korea. People, by Peter Spier is about how different all of us are to look at, but also shares how much we have in common. It shares and illustrates very well what a boring world it would be if we were all the same. The illustrations are as good as the text.

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 12:49 AM

thats a good message to be sending to kids and yea he might need that someday .....we all have our diffrences and thats what makes a good diverse world of intrest...thanks

i was a bit surprise about the antices of vegitables but hay if seems to work and if it good for kids maybee i not/don't seem to get the same stuff out of TV as he dose...

but the singing of kidie jingles drive me mad....i pick them up so easiely ..
celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 01:20 AM

Tell me about it!!! I find the silly jingles jingling around in my brain long after the show has ended...

Some of the kids shows are just too hard for me to stomach...like Tella Tubbies (sp?) and Care Bears...Barney too. Sorry, I just can't take all that sugar.

I love Sponge Bob though and the Wild Thornberry's.

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 12:14 PM

barney ohhhhh yep the suger as you put it drives me mad lol i thought he was an american icon for kids, lol so i glade he drives you mad too. tellie tubbies i don't get either, i know what they say about them and how good they are ment to be for kids...lucien loves the child in the sun but get bored after that he smiles back at the child which can look a bit creepie sometimes (i hate saying that about any child but he scares me ) he's growing beoyond the tubbies at long last lol.

who of hught that watching TV with the kids for a while be a test of strenth and endurances lol...

The wild thornberries are amazine bonkers but amazine. i dint get to see the movie think it be a bit much for me lol

celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 06:45 PM

Wild Thornberry movie was great. I relate to Sponge Bob so I enjoy all the cartoons. One thing I've never understood is why some people relate to cartoon characters sooo much that they wear them on tshirts and hats, ie Taz and Bugs Bunny...Tweety Bird. I never got that but saw a lot of truckers getting out of their semis wearing Taz and Tweety.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 06:52 PM

NL, I love Taz and do a great imitation of him. I think people wear t shirts of Taz and such because they love humor. My Taz t shirt is as old as buckly's goat and believe me, that's old. It goes the same for people who wear Ford hats, I think. They like trucks and power etc. Right now I am wearing my old Bingo pj's because I love to play bingo. Haven't played in years. Anyone here play?
What does your t shirts say, girls?

chick

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 07:30 PM

.....well have you ever seen a big musclie builder with a wee tweetie bird tatoo, tee-shirts are funnie enough but it's when you get the most unliklie people having cartoon caricters as tatoo that amazies me lol..like why? lol

celtic
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: it's all happening now - 03/10/07 09:47 PM

I'm over 50...help me over the street.

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 04:36 AM

Mother Trucker

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 04:20 PM

HANNILORE AND NEWLEAFE lol
what in glories name are you two going on about lol

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 05:03 PM

Chick asked us what is printed on our T-Shirts! Ha ha Celtic, you were confused there, heh? Tell us, what do you have printed on your t-shirt? Tell us... nothin' but the truth!

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 06:35 PM

hahahhaha i just read back up and then say chick aske that and you know i thought it was my reading....i was about to correct NL spelling hehehe

Ok you aske for it so if theirs trouble HANNILORE....you take the flack...zip top (desiner, well kinda)FCUK stands for french connection uk...(just on off chance you don't know) by tee shirt not fit for printing in a place like this. That means i chicken out of saying...po had it made special for me hehehehe Now that would couse trouble

celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 07:35 PM

French connection UK...yeah...that's what I thought...

Re: it's all happening now - 03/11/07 07:39 PM

What was that Po? Something about "I'm sitting on TOP of the world?"

Re: it's all happening now - 03/12/07 02:09 AM

HL now it wouldn't work if it was frendch connection usa??? so i din't know if you had the brand in usa or germanie lol...YOU MIGHt also off thought it was a spelling mistake lol...

what have you and po been up to now the pair of you are wee scallies, ouch i don't know...from the bottom of my hart i whish ya well
night celtic

Re: it's all happening now - 03/12/07 04:22 AM

If only tshirts could speak....?

Re: it's all happening now - 03/12/07 07:02 PM

I give up lol 20 leapricorns riverdancing in clogs singing "top o' the morn'n ta ya" lol...