1 Cor. 10:13

Posted by: allflowerz

1 Cor. 10:13 - 02/22/07 06:57 PM

There is no temptation that has seized you except what is common to man, therefore when you are tempted, he will provide a way out.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13 - 02/25/07 09:12 PM

And the way out is forgiveness for when we fall short.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13 - 02/25/07 11:52 PM

that was said and flowed as one
celtic
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13 - 02/26/07 05:31 AM

Matthew 7:20-23

Keeps me on my toes, reminds me that Heaven is not a "given" for everyone and gives me the drive and ambition to try and find out just what I need to do to "know" Christ and have an intimate relationship with Him and to realize that its ME who separates myself from a Holy Christ through the sin in my life.

Christ can't dwell in or live in a sin environment because he is holy.

My desire not to sin and having a heart toward God and surrendering my will to His on a daily basis seems to be the answer to the intimacy question for me.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13 - 02/28/07 11:06 PM

not always can i forgive 9straight off) the bigger things in my life but i work on it as soon as i notice it's playing a part in my life. I watched something sillie on TV recently but it had a great quote....failing to forgive was like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to diea, it reallie made sence. It dose poisen the unforgiven one

i would like to forgive others as they would forgive me, if it came to justice and mercy for myself i choise mercy...it kind of stops any self rightous noncense in my head about justice for others instead of forgivness and its one of the fruits of the devine nature. I have often found that it was the "way out" for me on many an occasion..

celtic
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13 - 03/01/07 02:09 AM

Celtic, I love that quote and will write it down and save it for future reference. That was great! Thank you for sharing it.

You are so right. Its not important to be "right", its important to be all things to all people so that you can encourage them in the direction of the right path.

My grandma who was native american always said, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I'd like to think that instead of being right, we can be guides to the water of life....if the person drinks or not..is their choice and the consequences of their decision at that point can't be assigned to you.