Good deeds

Posted by: Julie

Good deeds - 03/23/04 05:00 AM

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesian 2:10
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Good deeds - 03/23/04 07:14 PM

Julie, and I believe it is in giving that we receive! [Wink]
Posted by: Toni

Re: Good deeds - 03/24/04 08:50 AM

I love Psalm 91 and read it every morning. God's promises always prepare me for the day. There is tremendous comfort in His promises of goodness, forgiveness, hope, love and joy.

Toni
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Good deeds - 03/24/04 04:07 AM

Ann,
Thanks to you I ran and got my Bible off the shelf and read Psalms 91. I particularly like the last few sentences. You are so right. It was very comforting. Thanks for sharing. I have started reading the Bible from cover to cover and I am only in Exodus, but I have learned so much already that I didn't know, but here's the kicker...I thought I did. Boy, was I wrong!

JJ
Posted by: Evie

Re: Good deeds - 03/24/04 10:58 PM

Psalm 91 is one of my favs to read when I am feeling particularly anxious or worried..... [Smile]

JJ, I started reading through the Bible this year too - I have a daily reading plan that covers about 2-3 chapters a day - and I too am discovering lots I didn't realize/know about... [Smile]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Good deeds - 03/25/04 04:32 AM

Evie,
How's bout dropping me an email and tell me how you work your plan, would cha? I don't have one, and maybe I need something more constructive to follow. Would you mind? You have my email.

Also, you should share about your latest retreat with the group here. I think you and the rest of the people attending were so creative and inspiring. So...spill the beans.

Love ya gal, JJ