Everything in life is a choice.

Posted by: Dotsie

Everything in life is a choice. - 12/02/05 02:21 AM

Replace the words "I have to" with "I choose to" and notice the difference in how you feel.

This was one of my daily inspirational messages this week.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 12/02/05 05:24 AM

Dotsie, I have to laugh, because I've started several responses to this, asking (using various different words) about the chores that aren't as much a choice as they are a burden of responsibility. But the more I tried to wiggle out of it, the more it became obvious that even doing onerous chores that we think we "have to do" is a choice. Everything does come down to choosing one action over another, or choosing one set of circumstances that require that certain actions (chores) be done. It's not easy confronting oneself with that reality, especially when we don't always like the choices we've made - or the circumstances those choices have put us in - but there's no escaping the truth.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/08/06 04:23 AM

Personally Dotsie I find this statement so true in so many parts of my average day. In the forum for instance I am stopping to think before posting what comes to mind when reading a thread from someone else. I guess in this instance it's what I choose to say not if I chose to say it...I agree wholeheartedly with the concept however and it really works, try it for a day ladies and see.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/08/06 04:30 AM

Eagle, you didn't have to laugh...you chose to laugh. [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Cool] [Big Grin]
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/08/06 05:39 AM

Learning to do things because I choose to was one of the most empowering things that ever happened to me. It gave me permission to say no and not feel guilty the way I always used to.
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/08/06 07:30 AM

Jackie.......Ditto!!!
Lynne

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/09/06 01:11 AM

This also ties in with everything is life is a choice.

I heard this years ago while taking a course at church from this very wise couple who were my age, but so far ahead of the game with wisdom.

We create our own lives.

Why not make them the best?
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/09/06 10:37 PM

Isn't it wonderful how God created us with the power to choose? Praise the Lord!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/10/06 07:41 PM

You know, my sister is a teacher and she has this saying hanging in her classroom.
"The choices you make, dictate the life you lead". I think that is so correct. We have the power to choose and therefore we live with those choices.

I am glad God gave us the power to choose.

Sandpiper
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/11/06 07:40 PM

There's a new book out by Steve Arturburn, one of the New Life guys, called "Healing Is a Choice." There are workshops, too. Here's a link:

http://www.healingisachoice.com/

I haven't gotten the book yet, but I'm sure I will. I have practically every book from the New Life gang.

Donna

Re: Everything in life is a choice. - 01/12/06 03:11 AM

Oh my gracious. Thanks for mentioning this Donna. I'm going to tell my minister. We may be beginning some more small groups. I love books like that.