Verse I live by....

Posted by: Catwoman22

Verse I live by.... - 11/25/09 12:11 AM

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean Not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

This has gotten me through everything life has thrown at me!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Verse I live by.... - 11/25/09 01:22 PM

Hey, that's one of my favorites too.

In all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. That's the next verse.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Verse I live by.... - 11/25/09 01:47 PM

One of my favourites:

"Render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's" - Matthew 22:21

And, the uncompromising position to that effect has now become:

"...under no circumstances will we render to Caesar what is God’s." - The Manhattan Declaration
Posted by: Anno

Re: Verse I live by.... - 11/25/09 02:11 PM

It's not from the bible but it is a prayer, The Serenity Prayer. It has gotten me through many days and moments.

"God grant me the serenity, to accept what I cannot change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Verse I live by.... - 11/25/09 07:19 PM

Anno, that's been one of the most valuable prayers/philosophies in my own journey too, especially the wisdom of knowing when it's time to walk away from something (usually a perspective or emotional response to a situation, but could also be a relationship) that can't be changed and walking toward something (a new vision or way of thinking) that I CAN change.
Posted by: humlan

Re: Verse I live by.... - 12/05/09 12:28 AM

Eagle..what a wonderful explanation of that prayer!!!! The walking TOWARDS something as you leave something else behind..I honestly have never seen this flow of thought in the prayer..and it happens to have alot of meaning for me at the moment..leaving something..but filling the void with something else..more useful..positive..

hmm..thank you for that!!
Posted by: Rewell

Re: Verse I live by.... - 11/17/10 11:25 AM

I love Matthew 6:33. We should always seek the kingdom of God first before anything else. I know that more blessings will come by obeying this commandment.