question about a publisher

Posted by: copygal

question about a publisher - 07/16/05 12:57 AM

Hey Gals,
Just had a question about a publisher I found online. Has anyone heard of Banda Press International? Good news, bad news? I'd appreciate any info about them, before I submit anything. I have a novella that's just about ready to publish and I've been looking around, trying to decide which way to go. TIA for any help you might be able to give me.
Copygal
Posted by: Doctor Karen

Re: question about a publisher - 07/16/05 03:41 AM

Hi Copygal, All I know is what's on the website. You may as well submit. It looks like it specializes in novellas and is a traditional publisher. All they can say is yes or no. As long as you don't mind spending on the postage. A query letter to go along with the manuscript and brief synopsis might help. You could also do what I've done and go the POD route. Don't know how much publicity help Banda will give you. Just make sure it's not a vanity press, asking YOU to pay for publishing. If so, definitely go the POD route. Hopefully, someone else has some direct experience. Karen
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: question about a publisher - 07/16/05 04:36 PM

Hi Copygal.....Preditors & Editors website has no "warnings" with Banda's link; that's always a good sign! Good luck to you.
Posted by: copygal

Re: question about a publisher - 07/17/05 07:07 AM

Thanks Ladies,
I appreciate your help with this; I know many of you have publishing experience, and I knew I could count on you to give me good advice. I like the idea of POD publishing, and marketing my own book. Money is still the problem for me, unfortunately, but I do so want to see my book in print. Still lots of research to do apparently. Thanks again for your help.