Do you blog?

Posted by: renegadeartist

Do you blog? - 08/27/05 01:55 AM

I am in the process of setting up a Weblog. Any advice for me? How about success stories? Is this beneficial to you as a writer? What's the downside?
Thank you
Renegade
Posted by: Evie

Re: Do you blog? - 08/27/05 04:23 AM

Personally I haven't found any downsides. I like my blog as a creative outlet and something fun to do.

I have no idea how much traffic it generates, if any at all [Smile]

Like anything else, if you want a lot of readers, you'll have to do a lot of promotion - and make sure you update it often to give people something to come back to.

There was a discussion on blogs either here, or another website, where it was brought up that what you put on your blog may be considered "publication" by some editors, so if you're trying to sell your writing and don't want to get "reprint" rights for it, you may not want to put those pieces up on the blog.

You didn't say what type of blog you were thinking of? Is it informational, a journal, to sell something? All these things have to be taken into consideration.

Good luck - and be sure to post the link to your blog.
Posted by: author from Maine

Re: Do you blog? - 08/28/05 04:38 AM

Hi,

I just started a blog so I can't say how it'll turn out. On a downside, It's time consuming, but it's a fun outlet and it's not manditory to write each day or even each week.

It might draw attention to your site and if it doens't you haven't lost anything.

One thing I didn't realize when I started out is that there are templates you can use to change the backgrounds.

Good luck.

Diane