Okay to brag a little?

Posted by: copygal

Okay to brag a little? - 03/16/05 10:10 PM

If I can brag just for a moment. My first client okayed and paid for a brochure I did for him. Did a mock-up on Publisher just to show him how it would look, format-wise, and he loved it exactly the way it was, and is having it printed as is. You should have seen me doing the happy dance all the way home behind the wheel of my little red Cavalier. It was a small assignment and brought in a few bucks, but it proved to me that I can do it, and that's worth even more. I'm going to a newbie meeting at the Chamber of Commerce at the end of the month, so exciting! Wish me luck!
Thanks for letting me brag!
Alanna
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/17/05 02:30 AM

Congrats Alanna! I love using Publisher - simple to use and so many possibilities. I realize you just did your mock-up on it, but it does a great finished product too. I've done all my church's brochures and our newsletter using Publisher.

Keep up the good work and best of luck with your first Chamber of Commerce meeting too! Lots of good things happening for you it would seem!
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/18/05 03:52 AM

Congratulations. All it takes is the first step (which is usually the most difficult) to point us in a new direction. Good luck.
Posted by: Sigrid Macdonald

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/18/05 06:25 AM

Alanna,

A first client is very exciting! I hope this is the beginning of a very fulfilling career for you. Personally, I'm not familiar with Publisher but it sounds really interesting.

Good luck and keep us posted on that Chamber of Commerce meeting :-)

Sigrid
Posted by: copygal

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/19/05 08:35 AM

Greetings All,
Thanks for the good wishes and encouragement. After the newbie meeting is a Power Networking Meeting, where you sit with several other members at a table and give a one minute commercial about your business, pass out cards, etc. Then everyone changes tables, meets a new group and repeats their commercial. A little scary, but exciting too. Yesterday, I worked up a brochure for myself and decided I'd pass out those, along with business cards, and pens with my name and contact information on them. What do ya'll think?
TIA for your help,
Alanna
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/19/05 08:58 AM

Alanna, it sounds like you have a good head for business and marketing. You're going to do great.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/18/05 09:42 PM

I think you've got some excellent marketing ideas there! Good luck [Smile]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Okay to brag a little? - 03/18/05 09:55 PM

Alanna, bravo to you for getting your first client! Way to go! That power networking sounds like a good way to begin making contacts. Good Luck, LLL