Writing Lessons

Posted by: smilinize

Writing Lessons - 08/10/04 12:22 AM

I am to speak to a group of Christian Writers next Saturday. I have chosen the topic, "Dramatic Story Structure" for my topic because there are many new writers involved. I have developed a Scriptural basis for what I will say and some visuals, but need any suggestions my boomer friends might have.

Any ideas?
smile

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/10/04 12:36 AM

Also prayers if you are talking to God about something important.
smile
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/10/04 02:56 AM

If I'm talking to God about something important, that would include you dear friend. I'm not sure what you are asking for here, but on the way home today, something did strike me analogy-wise...

I was thinking about "The Zone." You know, what basebasll and football players like to say they are in whenever they performed at their peak...well, for some reason unknown to me, I thought "hmm...I need to get in the zone with my faith." So? What has that got to do with your speaking? Don't have a clue unless you needed a topic????

Hugs,

JJ

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/10/04 06:21 AM

JJ, I would love to get in the 'zone' every time I speak. I usually average around every other time. Last time I spoke on the songwriting thing, I was in the zone and it went extremely well. This time is more difucult.
I've chosen to speak on Dramatic STory Structure which is much more painful. It's a way of editing your work to see if you met all the aspects of story telling. Kind of like building a house.

I'll type more tomorrow. Too pooped tonight.
smile
Posted by: Toni

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/10/04 03:15 PM

I will share with you what God has spoken to my heart in the last couple of weeks.

For me to lead a better and happier life I am to "first seek the kingdom of God and by faith, do all things."

Hope this helps.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/13/04 05:29 PM

Smile: I'll share with you what God told Moses when he sent him to Pharaoh- "Now go! I will help you to speak, and I will tell you what to say." (Exodus 4:12)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way." (Proverbs 3:5,6)

May God bless you in your class and may his name be glorified!

[ August 13, 2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]
Posted by: Dian

Re: Writing Lessons - 08/15/04 06:26 AM

If you can grab this book, or just read the review, you might get some good ideas. I was particularly touched by the part of the book that encourages journaling "everything." Especially painful things. Gigliotti advised writing it down and sealing it in an envelope until you need to draw on that experience.

Word Crafting by Linda Gigliotti