Promotion, promotion, promotion...

Posted by: jabber

Promotion, promotion, promotion... - 08/24/18 12:20 AM

Well I've learned an important lesson lately. It's one thing to write a book and it's another thing to get people to read it and to promote it.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Promotion, promotion, promotion... - 08/28/18 01:07 AM

Totally true, Jabber!

There are a lot of ways you can promote your book. One concept is to work with an association that serves your audience; see if they can promote it to their members. You might even offer to do a podcast for them - with you as guest expert...

Then there are giveaways - where one lucky person wins the book - but you get a lot of exposure and - hopefully that translates to interest which sells books.

Ronda de Boccio is the queen of book promotion. You may remember she used to be a NABBW member. Was even an Associate - her area of expertise: Entrepreneurial Authoring. You might see if you can catch up with her. Or check her posts on the NABBW site...

Re: Promotion, promotion, promotion... - 08/31/18 03:24 PM

Thanks Anne. I have contacted Ronda de Boccio; she and Jemma are on my Facebook friend's list. Ronda is in the process of reading "Mollie's Follies," right now. So we'll see what she has to say when she gets done. Thanks for the input.

Re: Promotion, promotion, promotion... - 09/18/18 10:59 PM

Can't people read a book for entertainment value? "Mollie's Follies" has many deliberate double-meaning inserts. And it's action packed. Shouldn't creativity be worth more than perfect verb tense? Joyce Meyer has authored nearly 100 books and I've heard her say, with only a high school education she doesn't always say everything prim and proper. IMHO overall story line and artistry should be the main focus. Sugartown, Crabtree, Oakum, Aunt Effie, numbers 3 and 7 all have double meaning. Does anybody pick-up on that? Even the title, "Mollie's Follies," has
double meaning.